fed up with winter

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Winter has been a bit 'meh' in the North West. Not particularly cold, and rather damp. Recent weeks have seen little wind either which has meant roads/trails not drying out. I do love bright crispy winter days, but they have been few and far between. Must say, I have noticed on cold days, and the winter weight air block top has been worn !

February is coming ... over here in the NE, we always have snow for February

GuyBoden

Guru
Winter has been a bit 'meh' in the North West. Not particularly cold, and rather damp. Recent weeks have seen little wind either which has meant roads/trails not drying out. I do love bright crispy winter days, but they have been few and far between. Must say, I have noticed on cold days, and the winter weight air block top has been worn !
Yes, I agree that the country lanes have stayed rather muddy, I'm in the NW and I've been out riding or walking most days, I think this winter has had excellent weather so far. It's a bit cloudy today, but I'll be out for a ride in 10 mins. Yes, a good winter jacket is needed, but not necessarily a cycling jacket. I'm more of a pootler in the winter, little wind is a good thing.

Moodyman

Legendary Member
looks like the jackpot for snow will be Southeastern Massachusetts but West of the Cape Cod Canal. possibly up to 18". my area might get 12". but the weather-ppl always give themselves an out in case it's much less :wacko: in my area the wind will be sustained for several hours at 22mph . down around the canal almost 30mph. & then there are the gusts ...
Sounds like good resistance training. Get out there man!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Yes, I agree that the country lanes have stayed rather muddy, I'm in the NW and I've been out riding or walking most days, I think this winter has had excellent weather so far. It's a bit cloudy today, but I'll be out for a ride in 10 mins. Yes, a good winter jacket is needed, but not necessarily a cycling jacket. I'm more of a pootler in the winter, little wind is a good thing.
Roads dry today. Blooming cold though. Quick 10 miler in my lunch break

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Another awful winter ride today. When will this dry weather end?

CD43AEF5-F8E9-44FF-A102-E55CC3149481.jpeg

Nebulous

Guru
Where are you staying? There is a mate from here going early mid Feb on cycle tour with Tenerife bike training.

Playa de las Americas. I've booked two days with 'cycling in tenerife.'

I once spent a week in Gran Canaria and used Freemotion. I found them to be very good. Freemotion are still renting out bikes in Tenerife, but aren't doing any rides / tours at the moment.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
BBC Weather said January has been ~50% down on rainfall in ENG SCO and WAL.

Hard to complain about that :biggrin:
Have no statistics to argue my case but in this far west part of Scotland I doubt any less rain than usual. In fact I think we have had more rain as it has rained nearly every day all month. Not all day but part of most days and today it is pouring down with a gale behind it.

CXRAndy

Guru
Playa de las Americas. I've booked two days with 'cycling in tenerife.'

I once spent a week in Gran Canaria and used Freemotion. I found them to be very good. Freemotion are still renting out bikes in Tenerife, but aren't doing any rides / tours at the moment.
Ah okay, my mate is staying in Los Cristianos. Hotel Paradise. He is doing full 6 days riding. He'll love it

Top Bottom