feel guilty/bad over taking over people on the road

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
hotmetal said:
people who are dawdling about in expensive cars get humpy when I overtake them (safely of course) in my Skoda.

I learned to drive in a 20 year old Triumph Herald, and was on the motorway once with one of my ('rather odd') compilation tapes on the go. For some reason I decided to overtake this shiny new BMW, which I did, with the car straining and shuddering at every seam as it reached its pedal-to-the-metal maximum of about 82MPH. Just as we cleared it, the Dambuster's theme came on at full volume. (I suppose you had to be there. :tongue:)

hotmetal

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: and :biggrin: for good measure!

kaillum

i regularly get overtaken...

4 mile each way commute on my pig iron Apollo.. average about 13mph according to mapmyride...

would be nice if I got a cheery hello or wave but most just head down and sail past...

homercles

I get overtaken by roadies quite often and because I am on a MTB I expect them to be a fair bit quicker. I only wish they veered off onto a bridleway once in a while so I could get my own back!!

I find most fellow cyclists to be courteous and friendly but then I rarely ride in built up areas, and have never come across anyone who took offense when I went passed. Arrogant car drivers that simply have to come passed as soon as possible, even if they are about to stop at a set of lights, or won't give you room away from the kerb or let you pull out to make a turn are easily the biggest annoyance.

Top Bottom