Feeling the fear

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
I've been riding with a non-union fractured clavicle for about 8 years now (too close to the end to plate and if I fell on it with it plated there I would be in schtuck) The only thing it affects is lifting weight over my head (and it aches like a begger in the cold but the pain-meds for my broken femur knock that on the head :whistle:)
Although my plate seems to have kept mine together and I barely get much more than the odd twinge, I do still worry about landing on it again. I have these horrible visions of the plate detaching from the bone and ending up sticking somewhere it shouldn't!

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Although my plate seems to have kept mine together and I barely get much more than the odd twinge, I do still worry about landing on it again. I have these horrible visions of the plate detaching from the bone and ending up sticking somewhere it shouldn't!
Pretty much what the Surgeon said to me.

anothersam

SMIDSMe
I just googled clavicle X-rays and realised most of them are worse than mine.

Dr Google diagnoses on a curve. After my MRI I immediately had a look at other people's brains. Although I was assured mine was fine, or at least human, I detected anomalies the neurologist had missed

brainscan.gif

The folder has been banished to the shed until it sees fit to apologise.

doghouse.gif

(that's a Brompton, but a Mezzo should also fit)

Top Bottom