Female Cyclists

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Don't know if the industry produces sales figures like the car industry does but it would be interesting to see the figures for the sale of bikes to ladies.

These last few weeks i have noticed an lot of groups of female cyclists which I don't recall seeing before. Came across three groups this morning each containing about six riders.

These were not the normal age group that you see (elder ladies who have been cycling for years) but lot younger ladies, mid 30s I'd guess.

Hopefully this is a trend that will continue.

Ime the majority of "elder" ladies have not been cycling for years, they are just starting or returning to it now that they have more time due to retirement/family grown up.

Yes, may not have put that correctly but as English is not my mother tounge hopefully I can be excused! Perhaps I should have said the ladies I normally see cycling are of my age group!!!

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
I see lots of females on bikes, more than ever which is fantastic for a sport that in the past was mostly seen as male.
I only wish my wife would show some interest!:smile:

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Yes, may not have put that correctly but as English is not my mother tounge hopefully I can be excused! Perhaps I should have said the ladies I normally see cycling are of my age group!!!
You're excused: English is my third language :laugh:
Again ime (in my experience), the groups of young women cyclist can be found early on a weekend morning, on popular road routes.
While you find the oldies like me anytime of the day, mostly on traffic free paths.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
I see lots of females on bikes, more than ever which is fantastic for a sport that in the past was mostly seen as male.
I only wish my wife would show some interest!:smile:

I think cycling now appears to be growing with all age groups regardless of gender :okay: Us MAMILs can't have anything to ourselves :laugh:

My wife has shown a little interest in the last few months, but is happy just going out for an hour or so & no interest in being out all day doing 100+ miles, which I think is a good thing :blush: I like my 'me' time

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Plenty of women on my cycling commute, definitely a lot more than five years ago.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Plenty of female cyclists in and around London, riding all sorts of bikes. From ordinary commuting bikes to the roadies out for a thrash on road bikes .

Top Bottom