Films rebooted - any better than the original?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
Gone in 60 Seconds.
I watched the 1974 version after finding out the 2000 version was a remake.
I'd say the one thing that let the remake down was the diabolicaly crap Eleanor CGI jump at the end. The original was sooooooo much better...and wasn't faked.

Dave7

Legendary Member
My dad loved westerns, and loved that scene. That why I remember the dialogue. Also, when I arrived in the UK and people kept saying "fill your boots" it reminded me of this scene. Fun fact, I still don't know what "fill your boots" means.
Well I know, roughley, what it means although apparently that varies depending on where you live.
The origin is not clear. Most people favour that drinking cups/flasks used to be called boots so "fill your boots"=help yourself.

Gone in 60 Seconds.
I watched the 1974 version after finding out the 2000 version was a remake.
I'd say the one thing that let the remake down was the diabolicaly crap Eleanor CGI jump at the end. The original was sooooooo much better...and wasn't faked.

That's one of my pet hates. The second Matrix movie is dire for that in the freeway chase scenes - But then that's a computer illusion anyway which is a good excuse.
Also every time you see a car flip it seems to lose it's engine, gearbox and drive shaft in the process.

Tim Hall

I used to have a copy that had all the out-takes and rehearsals of Burton doing the narration. Fascinating to hear him trying the lines with different emphasis.
Bill er Ricky. Bill er Ricky.

Drago

Legendary Member
Anchorman II.

The original was genius, the sequel almost supernatural in its goodness. Not a remake as such, but worth mentioning as superior sequels are rarer than a hippy without sandals.

Kevin Conroy best batman ever .
As I wrote..........................
What about Kevin Conroy?

And, the best Joker
Easy................

Please don't let them remake 'Smokey & The Bandit'

Agree, the original was awful so we don't want more of the same

It had the late, great Jerry Reed in it, who wrote a lot of the music, performed it, & acted (Snowman)
Even now, 40 years on, '77/'78 Pontiac Trans-Ams are big business in the States

Smokey 2 wasn't bad, but '3' was excreble

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Anchorman II.

The original was genius, the sequel almost supernatural in its goodness. Not a remake as such, but worth mentioning as superior sequels are rarer than a hippy without sandals.
Oh I dunno... Terminator 2, Empire Strikes Back, Back the the Future part II, Rocky II, Aliens, Evil Dead II, Goldfinger, 28 Weeks Later... etc.

1200x630bb.jpg

Top Bottom