Films rebooted - any better than the original?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

keithmac

Guru
RoboCop.

The advances in CGI and effects made the remake much better. Plus RoboCop got to thrap about the place on a modified ZZR1400.

I think they crippled it with a 12 rating, still a good film but missing the bloodshed of the orignal.

Can't count how many times I've watched Robocop 1 and 2 over the years!.

keithmac

Guru
George Clooneys Batman, not a patch on Michael Keaton

Christian Bale has been the best Batman to date imho.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Karl Urban’s was far superior and truer-to-the-comics than Sylvester Stallone’s version.

Whilst I do broadly agree that the recent one is by some way the superior film, and indeed truer to Dredd, they haven't kept any of the undoubted black humour of the comic, which does survive into the Stallone one - which I rather enjoyed despite everything. It was quite nice to see an ABC warrior making an appearance, the cursed Earth, Rico etc so it packs a lot in.
Edit: although Stallone's wise cracks aren't really the black humour required and it goes without saying he should have kept his helmet on

Last edited:
My Friend doesn't like him
I don't like him either
Oddly, I've never seen him in Star Wars

Honestly!, I've never watched any of them

Profpointy

Legendary Member
You've got to try hard to make a War of the World film that's worse than the original.

The Martian spaceships were pretty good though, but that said, I failed to last the distance despite having a soft spot for 50s sci-fi, even quite cheesy ones. I enjoyed "This Island Earth" which isn't all that well regarded

Top Bottom