Films rebooted - any better than the original?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

XOXO
To be honest, I am not a fan of most remakes of films (or sometimes even songs) if they are classics

There are one or two exceptions though, especially if the plot brings something new to the table

However, there are films that bring nothing new and are merely money spinning pandering to a newer generation

Turd in a Microwave springs to mind

The Omen was one such remake. It was identical to the original and I swear it was even shot in the same house

There have been a few good horror remakes that spring to mind: Hills Have Eyes, Last House on the Left and I Spit on Your Grave.

Those are relative diamonds in a sea of rough. I was bitterly disappointed by Rob Zombie's take on Halloween, how can a guy who loves horror so much have got it so badly wrong?

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
RoboCop.

The advances in CGI and effects made the remake much better. Plus RoboCop got to thrap about the place on a modified ZZR1400.
Bo11ocks! CGI does not make a good film. The remake had none of the humour of the original. Removing that and putting a load of "i miss my family" tosh in its place was a travesty of mammoth proportions.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Indeed it was (same answer to both sections of your reply)

War Of The Worlds can be designated the same way
The Tom Cruise film was wrong, just so wrong
Did anybody bother listening to Jeff Wayne's remake of his musical version of WOTW... it's got Gary Barlow on it!

flake99please

We all scream for ice cream
Brewster's Millions (80's) > Brewster's Millions (40's)

I do wonder what a modern day equivalent would now be called, and how much would need to be spent to 'inherit' that larger amount.

Top Bottom