Films rebooted - any better than the original?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
El Dorado (1966) was a near identical remake of the great Rio Bravo from ten years earlier - same Director, same characters and the same John Wayne - so it ranks equal in my mind.

el-dorado-hd-movie-title.jpg

Definitely not 'Dukes Of Hazzard'
Okay, it had Willie Nelson (as a wise-cracking, pot-smoking) Uncle Jesse, Linda Carter (yes!, Wonder Woman, as Jesse's love interest!!!), Burt Reynolds (as Boss Hogg)
On the downside, it had Jonny Knoxville (Jackass guy, as Luke), Sean William Scott (Bo), & Jessica Simpson (as a poor imitation Daisy)

The General looked fine though

There were two original cast films, that were good fun!

Tin Pot

Guru
The 2002 session of The Time Machine is better than the 1960 version, in that it tells the HG Wells story better.

Tin Pot

Guru
Karl Urban’s was far superior and truer-to-the-comics than Sylvester Stallone’s version.

They’re not remakes though - they’re two different stories with the same character.

I’m pretty sure they align to different versions of Dredd as he appeared in the comics too. The older stories with the ABC Warriors about had more comedy than later.

AndyRM

XOXO
They’re not remakes though - they’re two different stories with the same character.

I’m pretty sure they align to different versions of Dredd as he appeared in the comics too. The older stories with the ABC Warriors about had more comedy than later.

Definitely a reboot though!

OP
OP
LeetleGreyCells

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable

My main pet peeve with Stallone’s version is he took his helmet off. Judge Dredd Just doesn’t remove his helmet!

Top Bottom