Films that should have been made....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
In another thread I posted the Wicker Man as my favourite film.

I am saddened that the Robin Hardy authored sequel Cowboys for Christ" was never filmed, especially as we will now never see the great Christopher Lee as Lachlan Morrison.

So....................................

Are there any books that you have enjoyed, and you feel should have been made into films (but haven't)

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
I think A Scanner Darkly and LOTR were near the tops of quite a few of peoples' lists for a long time but they've been done now.

Night Train

Maker of Things
Melvil said:
Agree. Has a pretty awesome ending - would make an excellent trilogy (starting with Rama II)
I always start with Rama II too.

I can imagine all four being a fairly good mini-series on TV given a big enough budget to make the best of it.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Ringworld by Larry Niven. First of the Enormous Huge Thing genre of science fiction, set on a ring about the size of the Earths' orbit round the sun, with an area of a good few million Earths.
Footfall - also by Larry Niven. Earth invaded by baby elephants with lethal weaponry. Good fun.
Harry Harrisons 'Eden' trilogy - set in an alternative history where the dinosaurs didn't die out, so they've evolved to intelligence.
The Greg Mandel trilogy by Peter F Hamilton. Modern British science fiction at its best.

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
forest of hours by kirstin eckman.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
spesh said:
The good news, it's on it's way, and William Gibson is supposed to be writing the screenplay. :biggrin:

The bad news, Hayden Christiansen is rumoured to be in the frame to play Case... :thumbsdown:

It's been at this stage before with different directors. And Hayden Christiansen is the new Keanu Reeves, no, actually, he's much worse than that...:blush: Maybe this should have been 'films that should not be made after all'!

Magnatom : The Vigilante Cyclist

A shinning light or blight?

Magnatom a normal bloke by day, a vigilante cyclist by night. This film follows him on his personal journey (to work and back), fighting the forces of evil (car drivers, errant cyclists and suicidal pedestrians).

One man, one bike, one camera, and a couple of spare inner tubes, just in case.

Staring:
Samuel L Jackson as Magnatom (stretch your imagination a little here:smile:)
Vinny Jones as Vinny Jones driving a car
Miss Piggy as muppet 4x4 school run driver
Robert "Rab" C. Nesbitt as a pedestrian
Boris Johnson and David Cameron as errant cyclist

I expect this would be a certificate 18!:biggrin::biggrin:

magnatom said:
Magnatom : The Vigilante Cyclist

A shinning light or blight?

Magnatom a normal bloke by day, a vigilante cyclist by night. This film follows him on his personal journey (to work and back), fighting the forces of evil (car drivers, errant cyclists and suicidal pedestrians).

One man, one bike, one camera, and a couple of spare inner tubes, just in case.

Staring:
Samuel L Jackson as Magnatom (stretch your imagination a little here:smile:)
Vinny Jones as Vinny Jones driving a car
Miss Piggy as muppet 4x4 school run driver
Robert "Rab" C. Nesbitt as a pedestrian
Boris Johnson and David Cameron as errant cyclist

I expect this would be a certificate 18!:biggrin::biggrin:

:biggrin::biggrin: I'd watch it.

Slim

Über Member
BBM2.jpg

:biggrin:

Top Bottom