Films you've walked out of.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
Following on from the Films that make you blub thread, someone stated they'd only walked out of 2 films.

Taking this as at the Cinema (which you've paid for, rather than sneaking in through the fire escape), which films have you walked out on, and how long didi it take?

We bailed on Bless the Child after 20 mins cos it was sh1te - good first date though, we ended up getting smashed on cocktails in chichitas next door and are now married :rolleyes:

oh, and Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon about 1/2 way through....because of illness...... and it was rather silly

Keith Oates

Janner
I confess I'm not a cinema fan but a few years back my wife (who is a movie addict) complained that I didn't go with her to the cinema. I said OK I will go with you once a week. I went for two weeks and fell asleep both times, not only that but I apparently snored as well. She's never asked me to go again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

simonali

Guru
I haven't been to the cinema for around 6 years. I, too, have fallen asleep during films (that one with Al Pacino and Ellen Barkin was one), but I don't think I've ever walked out of a movie (yet!).

yello

I fell asleep during 'Kiss of the Spiderwomen'... but I was half cut.

I can't remember precisely when I walked out of 'Pretty Women' nor 'Good Will Hunting' but I suspect it was around the 40 - 50 minute mark. I usually try to give the film a chance! I can sit through dross (and have) but if I'm angered by the film then that's it. I've also many a time turned the tele off a on a film... but I suspect everyone's done that!

derall

Guru
Titanic. Gawd, that was awful. I was bored to tears after about twenty minutes. I'd have been in a coma if I'd stayed for the iceberg.

Lady Chatterlys lover. The now sadly demolished Hereford ABC round 1981. I thought it might be saucy. Left after twenty mins, wandered over to the Astroids in the fouer foeur fouer(???) only to discover that it had been vandalized. As I walked towards the exit the ticket seller stormed towards me with a police woman in tow shouting 'That's him! That's the one who vandalised it!!' I'm like 'I didn't vandalise it', she's like 'Yes you did!!!!!! In my face. I looked her in the eye, with a righteous indignation, 'I did not vandalise the machine, I resent the accusation that I did, and since you didn't see me vandalise it you are making a dangerous assumption which might have a profoundly negative affect on my life. I'm guessing that the machine was vandalised when you were away from your post, you saw me near it and thought you would blame me in order to cover your back. If I did it the officer will find my fingerprints on the machine, so tell me, did you actually see me vandalise the machine?

ER...no.

I smiled at the WPC and walked. That was the last time I ever left of a cinema before the end.

wafflycat

Cloverfield. I was about to vomit on the person in front of me, due to motion sickness from the crappy camera movement. The 'novelty' of it supposedly being filmed on a hand-held camera wore off after about five minutes.

EmGee DK

Battlefield Earth, Waterworld and The Mailman or Postman or whatever that piece of c*** movie was called.

Yeah, I went to see Cloverfield with a mate and he spent more time looking at the exit signs than on the screen.

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
Eraserhead.

After about 20 mins my then girlfriend decided that it was likely to give her nightmares if she stayed and so we left. I was quite glad because it just seemed unnecessarily horrible.

yello

I can understand why you'd walk out on Eraserhead - it is art school bollocks. I watched it as an earnest, pretentious young man so found myself captivated by it, especially the constant background sound of the steel works or whatever they were. I doubt I watch it again though, not today.

buggi

Bird Saviour
JFK

i've never been so bored in my life. was with 6 friends and after about 60 mins one said, "feck me, this is the most boring film i've seen in my life" once she had admitted it, we all could, and we got up and left.

longers

Legendary Member
The Delinquents - we left before we got to see Kylie topless, if you ever did.

Highlander 2 - rubbish.

Foghat

Freight-train-groove-rider
Reservoir Dogs, 1993.

Or more precisely, one's bird got up and walked out at the ear scene. It wasn't that bad, but naturally thought "better go too, then". Looking back, though, apart from the iconic suits-ties-slow-motion-walking-Little-Green-Bag-riff scene (incidentally, idea probably lifted from Suburbia), Reservoir Dogs is a bit crap.

The worst thing about it was missing the end of the film meant going a further six years without coming across the fantastic end-title track Coconut by Harry Nilsson, and that was unforgivable.

Top Bottom