Films you've walked out of.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Team America: World Police
Shockingly bad, grotesque rubbish and there were other things going on that night and the combination of the two was making me feel sick and I just couldn't stand watching it.

bobg

Über Member
Sweeney Todd with Johhny Depp. Me and about 25% of the audience gave up before the icecream lady came round

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
I didn't walk out, but Mala Educacion made me very angry. I really dislike Inarritu - 21 Grams and Babel. Pompous, incoherent and exploitative new age toss. I wish I hadn't bothered with Star Trek: Nemesis. 2 hours of my life I will never get back. On the whole I don't go to films I know aren't going to be worth it.

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
Flying_Monkey said:
I didn't walk out, but Mala Educacion made me very angry. I really dislike Inarritu - 21 Grams and Babel. Pompous, incoherent and exploitative new age toss. I wish I hadn't bothered with Star Trek: Nemesis. 2 hours of my life I will never get back. On the whole I don't go to films I know aren't going to be worth it.

Ah but does that mean that you trust reviewers?

betty swollocks

large member
'Bad Girls' with Andie McDowell and a bunch of others playing Cowgirls.
"What a load of bollocks" said I, my companion and the legions of others pouring out of the cinema.

I like going to the cinema, but you can't drag me in if I'm not interested in the film. I was once conned into seeing the Hunt For Red October. I spent the whole time staring at the ceiling.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
That's an interesting opinion, I really like marvel conversions, although some of them aren't that good. I thought the worst aspect of the spiderman films was the appalling CGI. Now MIB II, there was quite a bit of product placement there...

Abitrary

Never walked out of a film, but I and the rest of the audience in a small cinema stayed in their seats after the credits of the Blair Witch Project waiting for it to start again... and when it didn't, walked out muttering and let down.

yello

Flying_Monkey said:
On the whole I don't go to films I know aren't going to be worth it.

True, sometimes you know they're not going to be worth it but sometimes you get suckered. That's what did for me with 'Good Will Hunting'. It won oscars, it got the reviews - I figured there must be something in it. I wasn't expecting trite piffle. More like a 3rd form girls' school production then an oscar winner.

Speaking of oscar winners, I went to see 'No Country for Old Men' a couple of weeks back. Good but not superb. Well acted, filmed, directed etc etc... a complete package but just not 'up there' for me. I left the cinema thinking 'yeah... and?'... I figured I must have missed something. Disappointing when you know the Cohen brothers can make a great film (I thought 'Fargo' was brilliant). Must have been a bad year for films is all I can figure - but I didn't walk out!

yello

Oh I've just remembered another one I walked out on... 'The Player'. Similar scenario, I thought it would offer something. What I got, I reckon, was a film industry love-in. Self indulgent, self referential and reverential - no wonder it got awards! Like a fashion show; complete bollocks to those outside that world obsessed with it's own self-importance. At least when Tarantino does that, he makes it remotely interesting for the rest of the world.

I was reminded of it because I wondered if, similarly, 'No County for Old Men' had 'film world' references that I just didn't see.

Noodley

I'll tell you one I would have walked out of had I seen it at the cinema rather than on DVD - Brokeback Mountain. Utter drivel.

Top Bottom