Finally nicotine free

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

montage

God Almighty
ChrisCrc said:
Its all about will power
If you really wanted to give it up you could have done it without the need for patches.

Its a bit like coming up to a long windy hill ( do you dread the hill and give up half way or do you become its Master).

You don't have to be an arse you know...

grhm

Veteran
Well done - I gave up ~8 years ago. I found I got tempted to have 'just one' when drunk and/or feeling down - but that fades with time too. Don't feel tempted or miss it at all now.

Keep it up!

tyred

Legendary Member
grhm said:
Well done - I gave up ~8 years ago. I found I got tempted to have 'just one' when drunk and/or feeling down - but that fades with time too. Don't feel tempted or miss it at all now.

Keep it up!

And the trouble is that there is no such thing as "just one." That was my undoing in the past:blush:

OP
OP
puddleglum

puddleglum

Thanks everyone - today was just normal, I completely forgot I had ever smoked. :angry:
It IS always just that 'one' with a beer or when you've had a lousy day...

Well done. Top stuff (but soon you won't notice the money your saving). I don't know how I EVER managed to afford fags, I wouldn't be able to now.

If you have any form of insurance that may be affected by lifestyle - life insurance, mortgage cover, stuff like that - get in touch with them and let them know you've quit. After a year they come round and test you (you have to remind them, so make a note of when you stopped) and then your premiums go down.

And from now on, keep reminding yourself you are a Non-Smoker. You don't smoke. It's a change in mindest that helps you avoid the odd cheeky one.

And well done (did you see the bit on the telly today where the resting pulse of smokers was 120?!)

OP
OP
puddleglum

puddleglum

After a year they come round and test you (you have to remind them, so make a note of when you stopped) and then your premiums go down.

Really! You mean they actually come round and do a blood or urine test on you looking for nicotine?? I will let them know and see how I feel in 12 months......
As for the resting heartrate thing, I didn't see it cos I haven't got a telly, but I DO have a heartrate measurer thingy. I'veexperimented with it. Pulse would normally be something around 70, then a few seconds after taking a deep drag, would shoot up to at least 100. Not good.

trj977

Über Member
Well done.

I have been off the fags for about 4 / 5 years. Used to have the urge to have "just the one" with a pint or 3, but knew from bitter experience that it does not work.
Must be about 1 year since I even thought about having cigarette.

puddleglum said:
Really! You mean they actually come round and do a blood or urine test on you looking for nicotine?? I will let them know and see how I feel in 12 months......

The sent a nurse round one evening and she gave me something like a wad of cotton to chew on for a set amount of time. It tested for nicotine in the saliva which is apparently more accurate than carbon monoxide testing. After I passed, my premiums were reduced.

OP
OP
puddleglum

puddleglum

Stig-OT-Dump said:
The sent a nurse round one evening and she gave me something like a wad of cotton to chew on for a set amount of time. It tested for nicotine in the saliva which is apparently more accurate than carbon monoxide testing. After I passed, my premiums were reduced.

Hmmmm. I imagine it may have felt a bit.... 'humiliating.'

Top Bottom