Finally nicotine free

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

puddleglum

Today is my first patch-less day after a 10 week course of nicotine replacement therapy, and it feels brilliant.
Was a bit worried about having no little patch stuck to my arm, but I can honestly say it feels no different :biggrin:

ACS

Legendary Member
Forum ripple for puddleglum.:biggrin:

Willow

puddleglum said:
Today is my first patch-less day after a 10 week course of nicotine replacement therapy, and it feels brilliant.
Was a bit worried about having no little patch stuck to my arm, but I can honestly say it feels no different :biggrin:

Well done you probably spending too much time fretting about the toilet handle to smoke and probably saving enough to spend on something very nice :ohmy:

OP
OP
puddleglum

puddleglum

Willow said:
Well done you probably spending too much time fretting about the toilet handle to smoke and probably saving enough to spend on something very nice :biggrin:

he he the thought of having no functioning loo (possibly) was nearly enough to send me running off to the corner shop for 10 richmond King size! but it didn't.
it does save a fortune

OP
OP
puddleglum

puddleglum

cheadle hulme said:
Goog work indeed!!

Has your sense of taste/smell started to come back yet?

The realisation that not all lager tasted the same was when I knew!

taste and smell came back pretty quick to be honest - on the patches you aren't meant to smoke, so although I did cheat in the early stages and had the odd sly one, it was only a few days before I noticed a difference :biggrin:

RSV_Ecosse

Excellent.

Well done, keep it up. You have got past the hard bit by now!!.

I was a light smoker till last July. Got my FP1 July 2008 on the Cyclescheme and chucked the fags a week or two before I picked it up.

Didn't use any patches, gum or anything - just good auld fashioned will power. :smile:

Never looked back. Not touched one since and not had the slightest thought that I would want to either.

To be honest, I think the best thing I did to help me stop was the "addiction replacement therapy".

I am now an addict, a complete junkie if you will - Of road cycling!!!. :sad:

ChrisCrc

Its all about will power
If you really wanted to give it up you could have done it without the need for patches.

Its a bit like coming up to a long windy hill ( do you dread the hill and give up half way or do you become its Master).

MadoneRider1991

Über Member
puddleglum said:
Was a bit worried about having no little patch stuck to my arm, but I can honestly say it feels no different xx(

well done:biggrin:

Top Bottom