Finally pushed the button

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tiswas-steve

Über Member
Yes for me.

Stunning bit of kit.

each to their own Pete, stands out thou :thumbsup:

jifdave

rubbish uphill, downhill 'balast' make me fast
bugger, just had a look and rose do a 66cm frame! you sir have got me dreaming again! damn you

OP
OP
oldfatfool

oldfatfool

Guru
Rose get excellent reviews, as do Canyon, both in the trade press for the xeon and the ultimate, Canyon seem to do more publicity, regards team sponsorship. Both are highly regarded on internet forums especially in Europe.

What made my mind up between the two was,

1) imo the rose is the better looking bike, looks tidier to me, with better cable routing.
2) The Rose is much more customisable regarding tyres, and finishing kit
3) £ for £ the kit on the Rose was better, eg on the 2012 AL 9 for the same cash it came with Mavic Ksyrium Equipe whilst the Rose shipped with Ksyrium Elite, though I see the 2013 Canyon now as Elite.

Do you have the bike yet?

Fasta Asloth

In a similar situation waiting to press 'return', though just read on their website that their new bike range is available in a few days......perhaps further reductions to be had on their 2012 range...

Build date of 28/11

@ Fasta Asloth Did think of waiting for further reductions but they where selling out rapidly of the frame I wanted.
Ooooh the anticipation. Been looking at Rose and Canyon bikes for a long time. Always been impressed with the spec and weight for the £££. The Alu bikes are highly rated and seriously light. I'd have one in a second but i can't really convince the missus that a 2nd good road bike is needed. :blush:
I still have to convince her that a decent TT bike is needed for 2013. :ohmy:

Robwiz

Regular
Very nice! Anyone know how the Rose Al frames compare with the Canyon ones?

The geometry is slightly different between Rose and Canyon – the latter have slightly shorter top tube effective lengths for each frame size. Canyon, to my eyes, has a more 'assertive' brand image.

I saw Rose at NEC show last month and their range looked very impressive. Their rep said they have demo bikes available which they bring for a home trial.

Top Bottom