Finally pushed the button

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Keen to hear how you get on.
My brother just ordered the Rose Xeon 4400 with Sram Force. Under 7kg's!! Epic.
Can't wait to steal it from him. Mid Jan is the predicted date.........

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Think I will be waiting now till later in the year as Rose is no longer allowing any change in configuration of the 2012 bikes it seems - not even spacers on the stem. Was hoping there would be a final reduction I couldn't resist ......... ;)

It arrived yesterday!!
For those interested in my brothers bike, here are some photos. The bike is a 51cm, full Sram force and kitted with Ksyrium elites, carbon bars and seat post and pro logo saddle. Bike weighs 6.9kg without pedals.
I had a quick shot and the bike is sharp and responsive. A joy to ride. Didn't have a big shot as i am a 55cm frame size.
My brother is very happy with it.

standalone

standalone

standalone

standalone

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
^^^^^ How tall is your brother? I have found the Rose sizing recommendations a bit unhelpful. They recommend a 53 for me, but I reckon a 51 would be right. (79cm inseam to floor, 5'5"). Love that anodized black frame - 2012 model I assume, as the 2013 has Mavic tyres and monolink seatpost/saddle?

^^^^^ How tall is your brother? I have found the Rose sizing recommendations a bit unhelpful. They recommend a 53 for me, but I reckon a 51 would be right. (79cm inseam to floor, 5'5"). Love that anodized black frame - 2012 model I assume, as the 2013 has Mavic tyres and monolink seatpost/saddle?
He's 5'7". Can't remember his inseam. We ordered it based on the Rose calculations for frame size. If the top tube is the way you want it then as long as you have enough adjustability in the seatpost you should be fine. Epic bike for the £££. Think it was £1600 reduced from over £2000 as it was 2012's model.

Fasta Asloth

Very nice! ROSE bikes do appear great value for money, mine arrived about a month ago, entry level pro2000 model but I'm very happy with it... 8.7kg with pedals (59cm frame), full Shimano105 components, mavic aksium race wheels and GP4000 tyres, prologo nago evo saddle, internal cable routing (if you like that look..) all for 'only' £725.... I was riding a 15kg hybrid so made a significant difference to my rides, though cross-country skis would be better now.....

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Very nice! ROSE bikes do appear great value for money, mine arrived about a month ago, entry level pro2000 model but I'm very happy with it... 8.7kg with pedals (59cm frame), full Shimano105 components, mavic aksium race wheels and GP4000 tyres, prologo nago evo saddle, internal cable routing (if you like that look..) all for 'only' £725.... I was riding a 15kg hybrid so made a significant difference to my rides, though cross-country skis would be better now.....

Now you just need to upload pics!

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I was *this* close to getting a Rose with DI2, they didn't have my size in stock so Van Nicholas got my money. BUT.. when the Spesh hits the great carbon dust bowl in the sky then a Rose will definitely be on the agenda for the empty space in the bike shed.

I was *this* close to getting a Rose with DI2, they didn't have my size in stock so Van Nicholas got my money. BUT.. when the Spesh hits the great carbon dust bowl in the sky then a Rose will definitely be on the agenda for the empty space in the bike shed.
I'll keep you posted Ian as we will be out riding quite a lot in the near future. If he starts beating me up the hills then obviously the Rose will get a GLOWING review! :whistle:

musa

Über Member
Very nice indeed -- the OH said when the weather is better I can buy new wheels so when (enter appropriate words here) I can buy a new bike

Top Bottom