Finally scratched my N+1 itch. It feels good!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Been planning on getting a new bike for Audax duties for some time. With the coming of Spring and an SR planned building up to LEL, I decided now was the opportune time. Cue a visit to Hewitt Cycles in Leyland. I had a bike fit in the jig and found I could do with 10mm more saddle height and a slightly longer stem on my road bike. I'd pretty much already decided on getting a well reviewed audax steel frame - the Hewitt Chiltern - spec'd with (IMO) good quality, robust, no nonsense components and am treating myself to handbuilt wheels. A red frame with mainly black components. The spec is:

Bike
Groupset: Shimano 105 10sp triple with cassette 11-28
Headset: Crane Creek EC34
Brakes: Shimano R 451
Bars: Ergosum Pro 37 with Lizard Skin tape
Seatpost/saddle: alloy post with an already worn in Brooks B17
Pedals: Shimano PD A520
Full length guards
Couple of bottle holders

Wheels
Hubs: Miche Primato 32 hole
Rims: DT RR465
Tyres: Conti' Gatorskins 25

I've already got a Carradice Bagman 2 support and a Carradice Audax Super C so will fit these when I get the bike. I was tempted getting a front dyno wheel but decided to stick with battery lights and so my existing Hope Vision One will do fine for now. I have treated myself to a Garmin Etrex 20 in place of my Edge 705 due to the ability to replace batteries as required.

Got to say the service and advice from Hewitt's has been great. Really looking forward to taking delivery nr the end of March and getting some miles done on it. :thumbsup:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Looking forward to seeing the pics.

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
Been playing with settings but not used it on a ride yet. I've got a mount to go on the new bike but think I will take the Edge mount off the road bike for the rest of March and use the Etrex instead. Planning a big 100+ mile ride beginning of April on the new bike and will need the Etrex for the trip!
Oh ok, let me know if you use it before I get mine, they look fantastic on paper and the reviews are good. I ordered a chunkier holder from ebay and it has ball and socket type adjustments....I need these on the Brompton bars to get a better view.

I'm not doing my 100 mile challenge ride next week.....bbbrrrr according to the forecast...hopefully it will be better the week after.

Psycolist

NINJA BYKALIST
Your list of components reminded me of the weekly sessions I have to sit through at work. Hardly anything said/typed makes any sense or has any meaning for me, but 'GOOD F'YOU' Sounds like you put alot of thought into getting exactly wot you wanted. I hope reality lives up to the dream.

Top Bottom