Finding an old tv drama about the 1970 World Cup,set in Preston Lancs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I just can't find it. I've searched over the years but no luck. It was as the thread title says, set in Preston Lancashire during the 1970 World Cup finals. Everytime the World Cup comes around i search for it,but so far nothing. I think it was made in the early 1990s. It was if i remember rightly about a lad and his girlfriend doing things like going from pub to pub and er that's about it.:laugh: I just have to find it to watch it again,or at least read something about it,such as who the actors were and which locations they used. If any of you can find it i'll be eternally grateful! If no one can,i'll have to accept it's gone forever and maybe i was even imagining it. :wacko:

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I hope that you're all searching frantically!:okay: I've typed in all ideas and suggestions,but nothing remotely close has come up. Would it be possible that they've just rubbed out any records of it?

classic33

Leg End Member
Fair Game. 1994
A made for television and mainly used two locations in Preston, one being the Harris Library and the other used the interior of the Black Horse Hotel in Friargate. The main theme of the story was based around the 1970 football World Cup and involved an Italian man looking for his related family having discovered that that originated in the north of England.

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eiIpcrBeOd0

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Fair Game. 1994
A made for television and mainly used two locations in Preston, one being the Harris Library and the other used the interior of the Black Horse Hotel in Friargate. The main theme of the story was based around the 1970 football World Cup and involved an Italian man looking for his related family having discovered that they originated in the north of England.
That's the one!! Thanks Classic!!:smile: I'm going to see if it's on you tube.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Copyright blocked.
I've found part 2,but not the start.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Fair Game. 1994
A made for television and mainly used two locations in Preston, one being the Harris Library and the other used the interior of the Black Horse Hotel in Friargate. The main theme of the story was based around the 1970 football World Cup and involved an Italian man looking for his related family having discovered that that originated in the north of England.

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eiIpcrBeOd0

I was right though,about it being shown in the early 90's.Well,1994 in nearly early 90's.:whistle: It must've been broadcast during the 1994 World Cup in the USA.

Top Bottom