Finding e-mail addresses

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Has anyone had any success using one of the "e-mail address finders". Such as TheEmailFinder.com? or something similar.

Similar sites also offer a "reverse" tracking system. One suggestion was to go to the website of the relevant isp, but you can only look up addresses if you are already on that isp (I think). Any helpful suggestions will be gratefully received. Some "finders" charge a fee, which I do not mind as it seems to be a one-off fee.

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
Speicher said:
Has anyone had any success using one of the "e-mail address finders". Such as TheEmailFinder.com? or something similar.

Similar sites also offer a "reverse" tracking system. One suggestion was to go to the website of the relevant isp, but you can only look up addresses if you are already on that isp (I think). Any helpful suggestions will be gratefully received. Some "finders" charge a fee, which I do not mind as it seems to be a one-off fee.
Easiest way I've ever known is to get ya mates e-mail address and e-mail him, he's then got yours. Or is there a rather more nefarious reason for this request ? :biggrin:

killiekosmos

Veteran
It will be very difficult to find an email address if the person does not want to be traced. It is very easy to get a web-mail account (Yahoo, Hotmail, Googlemail etc) without disclosing your real name, so even the search engines won't find you unless others know your alias.

OTOH, if you know where someone works you can easily find the format of their email by checking the web-site and looking at some examples. Most companies use a standard format firstname.surname@company.co.uk for example.

BTW it is illegal to harass people by email!

Membrane

Speicher said:

Snake oil, don't fall for it.

Similar sites also offer a "reverse" tracking system. One suggestion was to go to the website of the relevant isp, but you can only look up addresses if you are already on that isp (I think).

It is highly unlikely that an ISP would offer such a service, even to fellow subscribers. There is no universal mechanism that links email addresses with names. An ISP might know the identity of their subscriber (not always the case), but not all ISP's offer email accounts, if they do the customer might not use that facility, and unless you present them with a court order an ISP will not allow you access to their customer records.

domtyler

Über Member
I knew there was something odd about you, you're one of those crazy stalkers off the telly aren't you?

OP
OP
Speicher

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Nefarious? Moi?

Nul points for perspicuity or is it Perspex caciousness.

No, I'm not a "stalk" er --you are thinking of the main "stem" of a herbacious plant. Oh no, that was Soapbox.:biggrin:

Top Bottom