Finding It Difficult To Read

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Struggling to read the new board so am going to bow out. Nothing personal, the board owner does a great job but I am struggling with it.

Many thanks to all who helped me when I was rebuilding my crashed bike.
Give yourself a bit of time to get used to it, there's others having similar problems.

Levo-Lon

Guru
What if you dont like moving house....

There's lot's of sites that use a similar platform, they have a tendency to have loads of unused sections.

Ok so people will get used to it or leave.
But does it really make it better putting in such limited sections that will see a post every few weeks or months..

We shall see

Even typing and then going to post is a hassle as i cant move the type up to post.
Have to go back to see it

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
I'm not to keen on it either. The layout looks 'barren' if that's the word.
Text seems smaller and more difficult to read to me and the new 'similar threads' bit at the bottom of subforums is a waste of time as it brings up long forgotten threads from years back.
I do appreciate Shauns efforts in trying to please the masses though. A difficult job I'd imagine.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I can't find much different. Certainly nothing drastic enough to precipitate a flounce.

The "what's new" stuff is a bit different, so to figure out how to get lists of updated threads took me a couple of minutes. One or two other things are done slightly differently and required a few minutes head scratching.

Visual appearance is pretty similar as far as I can see.

Flouncers gonna flounce.

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
I found the text too big so surprised to hear others think it is too small - I'm on a PC though. If anyone doesn't know you can use the Ctrl key & the minus key at the same time to make the site smaller. Or Ctrl & plus to make it bigger.

I tend to use "New posts" so I often don't realise what the sub-forums are.

tom73

Guru
Can you not just change the format on you screen ?
If you're using OS or iOS just play around with the accessibility settings.

Smudge

Veteran
Whenever there's a forum layout change, there are always those who hate it, those who love it and those that aren't bothered either way.
I've seen some real drastic changes to some forum layouts in the past, but even when they are massive changes i always get used to them after a while. Only rarely have i given up on a forum because of them.
The change to this one is only minimal afaic.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Its like Deja Vu.
Last time there were forum changes there people who decided to say goodbye before they gave the new software a chance.
"I'm all for progress, it's change I don't like." - Mark Twain

I'm fine with the new look, personally. I think I prefer it. Either way, tho', I do think it's a bit early days for flouncing. First, because you have to give yourself a little time to get used to anything new - to get a true take on what's just unfamiliar and what you genuinely don't like - and second because this is just a starter for ten: I'm sure Shaun is carefully noting feedback, and may well fine-tune over the coming days & weeks.

The one area (so far) where I have to say I'm with the naysayers is the fragmentation of the Cafe. "Forums > Community > Food & Drink" - seriously? There's never going to be enough posts to sustain an entire section dedicated to food & drink, so why set one up? I for one would never visit any such section, so I'd miss out on the occasional - but enjoyable - food & drink-related posts that are part of the Cafe's charm. Nor, I suspect, would anyone bother posting any such - why bother, since no-one would ever see them?

Overall tho', I'd say so far so good. I like the space. It feels lighter, brighter, less claustrophobic. Either way, tho', WIP, and should be viewed as such.

Top Bottom