Finding It Difficult To Read

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I can't find the alerts to my previous posts bit. Being so popular i get loads and loads of likes,but how can i be alerted to them? :scratch:

mustang1

Guru
I like it. I don’t mind change. People are not happy with Porsche coz their cars look like the previous model yet the current one looks nothing like the very first one.

Mr Celine

Discordian
Looks OK on the PC.

On the laptop it's a great improvement, though that may just be due to the state of my eyesight - I'm at an age where there's a gap between where my short sight ends and my glasses-assisted distance vision begins, and on the old version the screen was unreadable in between.

On the phone the text is a slight improvement but my bloody avatar is driving me mad. Over there <-- is a golden submarine bobbing up and down on a plain background. But on the blue bar at the top of the screen is a golden submarine bobbing up and down on a background flashing blue and white which is very distracting.

Levo-Lon

Guru
I had a migraine yesterday and one today..

10 mins on the new format plays hell with my eyes.. Not sure why yet but its a bit like i get with strip lights...

classic33

Leg End Member
I had a migraine yesterday and one today..

10 mins on the new format plays hell with my eyes.. Not sure why yet but its a bit like i get with strip lights...
Search for ""selfie epilepsy", and check. I'm assuming you're on a mobile or tablet in saying this

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Shaun, was the general idea of the upgrade to make it visually more easy to use on a phone?
My eyesight isn't that good but the site is a bit "in your face" even on my laptop. BTW, far too much blank space everywhere. Some of us read books you know. We can handle print.

Mr Celine

Discordian
Forums for sub aqua, subway sandwiches, submarines, and submachine guns would complete the set.
You're not a subuteo enthusiast then?

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
I'm disappointed that we don't have a "Modern life is rubbish and I can't handle change" subforum. That would pick up 95% of the old Cafe threads

All we would be left with would be threads about kettles

On a less flippant note, I think splitting up the cafe subforum is a mistake. There isn't enough traffic to support some of the newly created subforums and people won't stumble across an interesting thread if it's in a tumbleweed area. I know some use the "new posts/threads" option but I don't and I suspect others don't either

Milkfloat

An Peanut
I guess the splitting of the Cafe is to allow moving those parts to a totally new forum if they get popular. It does not bother me too much as I only really view the forum by using "New Posts", but I could see that if people only look at categories that interest them that many will fizzle out as people won't see them. Although the new threads per day is higher than a lot of other forums, I am not sure it needs so much subdivision.

Chris S

Legendary Member
The really big font is harder to read, though that just might be my PC.

On the plus side, you can now directly upload images instead of having to paste in a URL.

Top Bottom