Finding MHR, LT and other stuff

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sam Kennedy

Anyone got any tips on how to find Max Heart Rate and Lactate Threshold on a Turbo Trainer?

I was planning on just upping the intensity every 2 minutes until I start having visions of past family members to find my max heart rate.

For my lactate threshold I was going to increase the intensity until my legs start to burn, then ease off until the burning stops, then record my heart rate.

Does that sound good?

What else can I find on a turbo trainer using a heart rate monitor? (VO2Max?)

I'm planning on following these workouts:
Training programs

Sound like a plan?

Will1985

Über Member
If you seriously want to put yourself through that, make sure that you have someone supervising you.

I am Spartacus

Über Member
Will1985 said:
If you seriously want to put yourself through that, make sure that you have someone supervising you.

YES!!

Please understand that maximal as opposed to sub maximal HR testing is not to be taken 'lightly'
a it can be dangerous
b how are you going to use the data and gain any benefit? ( do not say , I will post a freebie question on here)

Do it properly as you are keen and hopefully able and find a club that really has a good understanding of performance training and goals.

OP
OP
Sam Kennedy

Sam Kennedy

I am Spartacus said:
b how are you going to use the data and gain any benefit? ( do not say , I will post a freebie question on here)

Max Heart Rate is useful for training zones, and LT is useful for interval/lactate threshold training.

Is it really possible to die from a heart attack at 17 on a turbo trainer?
Or is it dangerous in other ways?

jimboalee

There is no 'safe age' against Myocardial Infarction.

We will keep an eye on your local newspapers.
If we never hear from you again after this weekend, we'll guess what happened.

I am Spartacus

Über Member
Not what I was hinting at... altho fall off a turbo in the lounge hit head on 42" Sony trying to keep up with Cav might be an issue for your continued living arrangements at home...

No real issue, is deriving true benefit from the data gathered by good analysis
Max heart rate zoning has limited use..
ask for a carmichael training book for xmas or such like

Top Bottom