Having trouble finding a dentist?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
They are at my Dentist they just take them and then the results come up on the computer screen and then Dentist shows you them and goes through it with you.

I think with the Osteoradionecrosis stuff it takes longer to examine them. Maybe the results have been on another dentist's computer for months and he just happened to see them, then he/she contacted my dentist.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I'm thinking now about having a gold tooth in the three tooth plate I'll be getting. 🤔 There's a tooth at the back of the bottom jaw that's been worn down for many years. In fact it needed extracting way before i Had my head and neck cancer surgery over sixteen years ago. I would've thought the surgeon would've taken it out during the operation and before my radiotherapy. He took another out during the op' but left one that also needed taking out.🤔

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
A friend of mine put 'the fear of god' into me today. I think she thinks i'm having major surgery, not a simple tooth/teeth extraction. She said I should get a taxi there and one back as I'll be 'out of it' after all the anaesthetic they'll give me! I told her I've driven to and from far more serious ops than tooth pulling, but no, she insists it'll be like major surgery!! :rolleyes:

notmyrealnamebutclose

A friend of mine put 'the fear of god' into me today. I think she thinks i'm having major surgery, not a simple tooth/teeth extraction. She said I should get a taxi there and one back as I'll be 'out of it' after all the anaesthetic they'll give me! I told her I've driven to and from far more serious ops than tooth pulling, but no, she insists it'll be like major surgery!! :rolleyes:

She sounds like a good friend, listen to her

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
She sounds like a good friend, listen to her

Well I was ok about the teeth extraction stuff, even looking forward to it as I've waited ages to find if I can have them taken out, but her words have made me apprehensive now. :unsure:

Last edited:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Don't worry Accy, the only time they'll 'put you out' is if your molars are impacted. I had to stay in hospital overnight after I had mine done.

The front bottom ones I want taking out are slightly loose, so I can't see the dentist struggling to pull them out. The 2 molars will be difficult, but I think they'll do them at a later date, or maybe even attempt to fill them, but they've done that before, only for the fillings to come out days later.

Fastpedaller

Don't worry Accy, the only time they'll 'put you out' is if your molars are impacted. I had to stay in hospital overnight after I had mine done.

I had the utmost faith in my dentist of 40 years ago. He said I had impacted wisdoms and would need to go into hospital to have them out. I asked if he could do them (assuring him I wouldn't leap out of the chair). He had a good sense of humour! He agreed to do the job, and on the next visit he injected my gums took the wisdoms out (having to cut one in half to wriggle it through the gap :smile:.) Stitches in as well.-he was a real master (retired now of course). The next few days I felt as if I'd been in a boxing ring!

Top Bottom