First 10 Mile TT - Any tips?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Don’t go off too hard, if you don’t feel comfortable being held for the start then you can ask not to be, don’t panic when you get overtaken.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
Wear tight clothes. Clip on bars help, but best to ride a few times with them first to get used to them. Don't bother with a water bottle. You want to feel absolutely knackered by the end of it so don't hold back. Most of all enjoy it.

I was gonna try to keep my head down!
https://goo.gl/images/Xj3MBJ

Xj3MBJ

bianchi1

Guru
Go out and ride the course in advance. If it's a club TT there might not be marshaling on every turn so it's best to know where you are going. Also it gets you used to hills that don't seem much normally, but will blow you to bits if you over do them at race pace. It's also a good idea to make a mental note of any big pot holes on the course that you may not notice when you are at the limit.

Other than that just enjoy.

Sharky

Guru
I was gonna try to keep my head down!
I hope not. I still have the memory of a poor rider lying on the ground behind a parked car with a pool of blood on the floor and that was over 50 years ago.

midlife

Guru
My wallpaper on the PC rotates cycling pics I like. Can I have this one too? It's great!

Fine by me :smile: .

I actually remember it... it's wet and I hated getting wet I was riding my Carlton Cobra with a black hand me down top from Hull Thursday, it was cold so remember putting on my Arsenal football jersey, the "embro" didn't make me any warmer...

I was hooked :smile:

r04DiE

300km a week through London on a road bike.
Fine by me :smile: .

I actually remember it... it's wet and I hated getting wet I was riding my Carlton Cobra with a black hand me down top from Hull Thursday, it was cold so remember putting on my Arsenal football jersey, the "embro" didn't make me any warmer...

I was hooked :smile:
Brilliant and thank you - when was this?

midlife

Guru
Memory is a bit fuddled but I think I was 14 ish so 1974-5.

I loved time trialling so moved onto a second hand Woodrup which I had copper plated....

15dqsnq.jpg

And then onto a Kevin Sayles Woodrup (bottom bracket on left)

2znyf6c.jpg

Then had to work for a living and it all stopped :sad:

Top Bottom