First 10 Mile TT - Any tips?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Meh.

View attachment 409454

Rage for twenty odd minutes or go home!
Well if you can do a 10 in twenty minutes then you're doing better than me and must have it right .
Myself , without any rage . I can keep the sprint speed up for two maybe three miles and then i know my race is over . It will take me until about 7 miles to get any speed back in and feel fresh again .

Tin Pot

Guru
Well if you can do a 10 in twenty minutes then you're doing better than me and must have it right .
Myself , without any rage . I can keep the sprint speed up for two maybe three miles and then i know my race is over . It will take me until about 7 miles to get any speed back in and feel fresh again .

Well, 24 mins.

You just need more rage. I suppose training might help, but more rage definitely - think about Trump, Brexit, those a holes in accounting, the guy who bumped you on the train yesterday morning, the insidiousness of advertising throughout our daily lives...that’s at least an hour of rage right there!

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Well, 24 mins.

You just need more rage. I suppose training might help, but more rage definitely - think about Trump, Brexit, those a holes in accounting, the guy who bumped you on the train yesterday morning, the insidiousness of advertising throughout our daily lives...that’s at least an hour of rage right there!
Sounds to me like you need anger management therapy :laugh::laugh::laugh: Seriously though , i've never had anyone mention rage before . In fact people have said the opposite and always said keep it together .
Alot of people say you can afford to give it everything in a 10 for the whole race . i've never heard a timetrialer say this though . You still need to pace it so you have given everything at mile 10 but thats the same for a 25 , 50 and not that ive done one but 100 ( those guys are crazy )

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
If i did that i'd blow up after three miles ! I think even a 10 takes some discipline , probably where interval training would help the most .

First time I did our club 10 on the dual carriageway route, I blew up in a big way, having massively overdone it on the outward stretch - clocked the first mile in a little over two minutes, but in the last two miles, I went from being on course for sub-24 PB to finishing in over 27 minutes, my worst time ever.

The circuit route is easier to manage because it's four laps so you can measure your effort better. Proper TT racers don't like it though, because it's quite twisty.

Sharky

Guru
I saw that too once, on the D10/1 in Bickerstaffe, not nice at all :sad:
I've ridden that course a few times and did my PB on it when it started in Blindfoot lane. Always felt it a safe course althpugh the motor way turn is a bit scary. The accident I remember was on the J14 in about 1967/8. Will never forget.

Top Bottom