first 40 mile'r this year

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

paddypete

done my fist 40 yesterday,i've put on a stone since christmas,so looking to get rid and then some,the first twenty odd was mainly flat,along canal towpaths apart from getting to the canal,theres a few small climbs,but on the way back through the city,theres plenty of long hills, the kind that keep going,if i had another 5 mile extra i would have felt like rocky running up those steps,i wouldn't have made it,but its early days,need to drop 15kgs for camping season,because i've got 15kgs of kit to lug around,but by then i should be fitter,(pain is awsome ) :cry:

2clepto

nice one. i also did my first 40 miler yesterday, trying to do 100 miles this week. another 10 more this safty and im over the 100.

AndyWilliams

Über Member
done my fist 40 yesterday,i've put on a stone since christmas,so looking to get rid and then some,the first twenty odd was mainly flat,along canal towpaths apart from getting to the canal,theres a few small climbs,but on the way back through the city,theres plenty of long hills, the kind that keep going,if i had another 5 mile extra i would have felt like rocky running up those steps,i wouldn't have made it,but its early days,need to drop 15kgs for camping season,because i've got 15kgs of kit to lug around,but by then i should be fitter,(pain is awsome ) :cry:

Pretty much the same. I have put on a stone since around October, hit the bike today (Sunday) but only manage 15 miles on the MTB. Amazing how quick I have become unfit again, last ride on the MTB was in August and I rode 30 odd miles.

I'm pretty much gonna try and get out everyday for a few hours on the road bike, hoping for 30 miles each time or use the turbo trainer and achieve the same. I have a 75 mile event Saturday :ohmy::laugh:

My biggest fight is food over cold days. Summer, I don't each as much. Good luck. :bicycle:

Top Bottom