First bike....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
runner

runner

Guru
There's something about that first bike...isn't there! It was that great sense of freedom that came with it from such an early age...I could use my trusty kingpin to explore...So lets take away all those computer games....all those things tody that keep kids from getting on their bike, my first bike inspired me and more importantly made me smile.....my latest bike an equilibrium still makes me smile and I still love that feeling of freedom and the explore mentality that is still there everytime I ride....

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Mine was a Grifter...don't remember it being really heavy but it did have gears!!!
Mine too,weighed a ton and the cable to the 3 speed hub snapped so I was stuck in top gear .

arch684

Veteran
My first bike i found at the local dump,took it home and my older brother and i fixed it up.It was a fixed gear and to big for me.I must have fell off that bike about 20 times in the first month but i just grew to fit it.It ended up at the same dump about 3 years later

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
image.jpg
September 79
Giving it some across the park as mum shouted tea was ready .
Not my first bike but one of them .

AndyRM

XOXO
Chain's slack...

xzenonuk

Veteran
got my first one when about 4 or 5, it was actually out for rubbish collection, some older kids we knew mentioned it to my dad and he asked the people that owned it if he could take it for me and do it up.

was a tiny little red bmx, had the front brake lever fall into the front wheel a few times at speed lol

next bike was brand new it was some 12 geared universal mountain bike, now that was a tank both in weight and how solid it was, managed to sell it for 40 quid,

then got my first full size bike a ridgeback 602 ex some guy left it in his heated garage for about 8 years after using it about twice, the thing was in immaculate condition and a total bargain at 75 quid for a 360 quid bike,

i abused the hell outta that and it is still working, it is a back up and was my main bike till about february last year :smile:

Last edited:

TheVDM

Regular
Pics like this become more and more valued as the years pass
I'm quite into photography and as much as a perfectly exposed and composed landscape can look amazing family photos can say a lot more.

That said I don't normally do 'perfect' photography, more experimental creation of home mixed emulsions and hand built cameras

Top Bottom