First carbon road bike - looking at around £1400

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
M

Mr_K_Dilkington

Not in my experience!

Yeah, tried a few places for this, none of them would bite. Even when I essentially said I'd decided to spend £1400 on a bike, so what reason could they give me to spend the money with them over another store.

vickster

Legendary Member
Swift in Spitalfields include a Retul fit on carbon bikes. But if you are looking at reduced models, it's not surprising that a full technical fit isn't included (or indeed C2W as shops have to pay a fee)

http://www.swiftcycles.co.uk/

I don't think Cyclesurgery even have the equipment which is a limitation

screenman

Legendary Member
My wife juts bought me a Focus Cayo EVO5, full carbon with Ultegra throughout, well specced and about that price I would imagine. We have had few of them in the family and are well pleased

SteCenturion

I am your Father
My wife juts bought me a Focus Cayo EVO5, full carbon with Ultegra throughout, well specced and about that price I would imagine. We have had few of them in the family and are well pleased
Lucky boy.

My fiance' (spelling ?) Got me a travel neck pillow & a multi coloured strap for my suitcase one birthday.

Don't think a bike will ever enter her head even though I bought her a MTB for Xmas (never used).

screenman

Legendary Member
Lucky boy.

My fiance' (spelling ?) Got me a travel neck pillow & a multi coloured strap for my suitcase one birthday.

Don't think a bike will ever enter her head even though I bought her a MTB for Xmas (never used).
Hope you bought it in your size.

OP
OP
M

Mr_K_Dilkington

Anyway, back to the OP. It would be Cube everyday for me........or maybe the Cannondale..........but the Cube bikes look way better, bound to make you smile:smile:

Test rode it today. Great ride and yeah, it does look the absolute shoot.

The frames seem to come up quite small and also have quite a short top tube. I have a crappy Carerra road bike from Halfords, which is a 56 and comes up a tiny bit large on me (I'm 6 foot 1). I tried a 58 in the Cube today and that was a tiny bit small - going to try a 60 tomorrow to see how I get on with it. Something to bear in mind for those looking at the Cube bikes!

Test rode it today. Great ride and yeah, it does look the absolute ****.

The frames seem to come up quite small and also have quite a short top tube. I have a crappy Carerra road bike from Halfords, which is a 56 and comes up a tiny bit large on me (I'm 6 foot 1). I tried a 58 in the Cube today and that was a tiny bit small - going to try a 60 tomorrow to see how I get on with it. Something to bear in mind for those looking at the Cube bikes!
Agreed, I have a 54cm Boardman which is a tad too stretched and a 56cm Cube Agree SLT which is a perfect fit.

Top Bottom