First Commute - DONE!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Congrats. I obviously don't leisure ride as much as @0-markymark-0 so I treat it the other way, I commute by bike as the norm and change to car/train if it makes sense. I find it's easier to keep in the habit by making it 'the thing that I do' so it's not a question of 'will I take the bike this morning' more 'I take the bike unless there's a good reason not to'. On the wetter, colder days there's a big sense of smug in still cycling in.

However you want to do it, there's plenty of opinions here to help you out if you need it. Enjoy the ride home.
Vive la difference

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
Well done. Remember my first bike commutes to my old workplace and current office.
Can make you think twice if it's windy or you arrive home/at work wet, having been caught out, but the endorphines in your blood stream make it rewarding. - Quite apart from the smugness of saving travel costs, getting fitter etc.

Hi All,

I only started cycling at the start of January after not touching a bike since I was 17. I've been building up over the last few weeks doing up to 26 miles in a ride, and worked up the courage today to commute the 10.5 miles to work. I know this is nothing compared to the 26 mile rides I've done, but it was more of a shift in attitude than anything. Needless to say, I feel quite chuffed especially as I did the 10.4 miles in 44 mins. Not superspeed but decent going!
well done too cold up here to attempt that

PaulSecteur

No longer a Specialized fanboy
Well done... now find a job at least another 5 miles away.

Some people might say to add a 5 mile loop into your current commute, but they are wimps and lack commitment!!!

Top Bottom