First ever Club Run in the morning......nervous !!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Nearly there

Veteran
Hats off to you sounds like a great day:bravo: . I'm about to go clipless so interesting to read about your "moment" do you think everything is adjusted right? I only ask so I don't make the same mistake
It happens to us all im afraid :surrender::laugh:

Phoenix Lincs

Über Member
Let us know how you get on please, I'm thinking of one.
- and others, but I can't work out how to reply to you all individually

Right folks, really sorry for the delay in reporting back about the Bike Fit but work has been manic and I've not had time to sit down with Cycle Chat for AGES!

So, it was great. My bike and I were hooked up to a turbo after I'd filled in a form about my goal and cycling 'history' etc and loads of measurements were taken of my trusty steed.

I was then filmed pedalling along. This little stick man was peddling at the same as me on the screen, then up popped a chart full of figures with things like knee angle, hip angle, etc etc. The lady, Dr J, then made an adjustment to the height of the saddle and I pedalled again. Every time she made one adjustment she refilmed and looked at the data on the screen before deciding what to change next.

My saddle was raised (a few times)' then moved forward/back (can't remember which) and she adjusted the cleats on my shoes before declaring that it was now much better for my body and to give it a go over the next week or so.

I can hardly touch the floor when my ass is in the saddle, so I'm almost learning how to ride a bike again, but my elbow pain is much improved, my back hasn't ached in the saddle since, and I have actually ridden some PBs recently, so I'm guessing its all good.

Dr J uses the RETUL system, so you could take a look at https://www.retul.com/ and watch the video. It's a really good system.

Hope those of you who were interested, find my comments useful.

Have a great Sunday (what's left of it!)

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Well done, Phoenix. Glad to hear the fit session went well. Of course, to me, everything cycling related went goes well, because it's cycling related.

mmmmmm! this thread has got me wondering about joining a club. I live in Bourne, Lincs theirs not a lot of groups near me. if someone on here a member of a club near me i'd like to hear your thoughts? Is there a pace and a distance that I should be aiming for to become a "competent rider"?

Top Bottom