First ever TT

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'm just back in after coming last in the club hilly TT this evening. I was going as fast as I could and in lots of pain but was miles behind everyone else, and I mean MILES! But it was a good event, very well marshalled and a few photographers out on the course to record how much gob, snot and sweat was dribbling down my face and onto my neck :laugh:

Just go along and enjoy it :becool:

Dismount

I'm just back in after coming last in the club hilly TT this evening. I was going as fast as I could and in lots of pain but was miles behind everyone else, and I mean MILES! But it was a good event, very well marshalled and a few photographers out on the course to record how much gob, snot and sweat was dribbling down my face and onto my neck :laugh:

Just go along and enjoy it :becool:

This made me chuckle :smile: we'll done for sticking it out and finishing

OP
OP
Jerry Atrik

Jerry Atrik

Veteran
Ive learnt to deal with the humiliation . Joined my local club this year and have joined in the chaingang for the last 3 weeks only to be dropped within minutes , its a different league altogether , but I shall continue . Onwards and upwards !

Joshua Plumtree

Approaching perfection from a distance.
Did my first ten just over a week ago, so know how you're feeling.

Broke the strap on my helmet before the warm up, and then the chain came off during the warm up, so I approached the start line with oil all over my face and hands and a broken pointy helmet. :ohmy:

Felt so nervous that I forgot to peddle when the starter released me and nearly fell off! :wub:

After about 3 miles into a head-wind, I felt like giving up and throwing the bike over the nearest hedge, so hard was I finding it. But you carry on, and, when you eventually trundle across the line, lungs burning, chest pounding and having aged by at least two years, you feel.......fantastic!! :hungry:

Good luck. It really is worth the misery. :eek:

Dismount

I need to try one of these making them sound like lots of fun.

OP
OP
Jerry Atrik

Jerry Atrik

Veteran
Im sure it will be , its been on my bucket list for a while now as was joining a club and the chaingang . Who knows maybe a cat 4 race next year . Do they do veteran cat 4s ?

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
i did my first 10mile TT about four weeks ago on my standard road bike ( :laugh: ) and then went out and bought pointy hat, shoe covers, spesh shiv TT bike, deep rimmed carbon wheels. i've done 2 since on my standard bike and in a few weeks time will do the first one on my new bike - CAN'T WAIT

First one

SIS_3534.jpg

Second one

3e9_7395_20761216.jpeg

Next one is on this

IMAG0045.jpg

MikeG

Guru
I've got my first ever TT this evening. A club 10 miler, on a flattish course. What the hell is a 53 year old doing entering sprinty-type bike races for the first time in his life? Can I do it in under 30 minutes? Only one of those questions will get answered this evening.

Top Bottom