First ever TT

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Waspie

Über Member
Good luck folks!

Its kind of a first for me it'll be my first TT on the carbon bike with tri bars, used the bike before for TT's without tri bars and used tri bars a couple of time on other frames, though

Good luck. Was my first TT of the season last night - had forgotten how much they bloomin hurt!

Herzog

Swinglish Mountain Goat
i did my first 10mile TT about four weeks ago on my standard road bike ( :laugh: ) and then went out and bought pointy hat, shoe covers, spesh shiv TT bike, deep rimmed carbon wheels. i've done 2 since on my standard bike and in a few weeks time will do the first one on my new bike - CAN'T WAIT...

Good luck! Though I wouldn't be too disapointed if you're old PB isn't blasted into oblivion. The old saying is very true - "train to knock the minutes off, spend to knock the seconds off". Hope you've been training!

Brightski

Chronos Racing Team
Nice to hear people are trying and enjoying TTs stick with it you'll soon see your times drop.. :thumbsup:
Tip: don't start too fast.. I've always been a fast starter but the last couple of seasons I've
started slower and it's helped my ride..

Joshua Plumtree

Approaching perfection from a distance.
I've got my first ever TT this evening. A club 10 miler, on a flattish course. What the hell is a 53 year old doing entering sprinty-type bike races for the first time in his life? Can I do it in under 30 minutes? Only one of those questions will get answered this evening.

Can't answer the second question but, as a fellow 53 year old, the answer to the first question is simply to prove that you're still alive! :idea:

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Good luck! Though I wouldn't be too disapointed if you're old PB isn't blasted into oblivion. The old saying is very true - "train to knock the minutes off, spend to knock the seconds off". Hope you've been training!
Oh yes i certainly train lol

ayceejay

Guru
Hey Jo you've really caught the bug there mate. Just a word to the wise - you have to work on that grimace.
Perhaps we could have a gallery of grimaces for you to study.

Sharky

Guru
Can't answer the second question but, as a fellow 53 year old, the answer to the first question is simply to prove that you're still alive! :idea:

You youngsters! I'm sure you'll crack the 20mph barrier. The first time is not easy, it's very difficult to be able to ride for the whole of the 10 miles at just under your threshold and finish with nothing left. But once you've done it, you look back and think "that was easy". It's an N-1 situation. Always difficult to go quicker than the last ride and that is why it makes it so addictive.

I started my season last week, with a 30 min ride and this week with the wind in the reverse direction, just got inside with a long 28. Next target is to beat my age standard (28:06).

Good luck

Keith

Roadrider48

Voice of the people
OP
OP
Jerry Atrik

Jerry Atrik

Veteran
Well just an update . The course ended up at 19 miles climbing 435 metres . I did it in 66 mins and I have to say I found it ex hill erating , sorry I had to slip that one in . Everyone was very welcoming to a Jerry Atrik newbie , and the organisation was first class . I have to say the bikes on show were just amazing and made my Defy look quite ordinary . Would I do it again ? You betcha . I think this could be quite addictive . Photo of grimace to follow haha !

Spartak