First overnight cycle trip! It was bloody freezing!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
ChrisEyles

ChrisEyles

Guru
In the end I picked up one of the Tesco roll mats, after @Blue Hills pointed out they were on offer at £6. I've used mine a few times now and am really pleased with it. Time will tell how well it lasts, but comfort-wise it's right up there with the Thermarest I borrowed. Only drawback is it doesn't pack down anywhere near as small (in fact its a fair bit larger when inflated than it really needs to be), but epically worth it for a good night's sleep!

I've noticed I've also been getting a bit more choosy about my camping spots. Last weekend I returned to the spot I did my first (freezing cold!!) bivvy trip. I remember it as being a great camping spot, but when I got there, the whole site seemed to be on a bit too much of a slope, with a few too many big roots around. Eventually I found a nice little flat spot next to a tree and experimented a bit with a more open tarp pitch. It rained a fair bit in the early hours of the morning, but having correctly guessed the wind direction I stayed perfectly dry, which surprised me for such an open arrangement.

20170813_203642.jpg
20170813_203708.jpg

Really looking forward to the nights drawing in a bit (it's not often I think that!!) so I can get in some star gazing before crashing out as dictated by the early start.

That first pic is particularly nice. Looks almost like a french impressionist on this small tab, though don't recall any with yellow mountain bikes. Glad you are enjoying the mat- hope it lasts.

Top Bottom