First ride of new year

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

3tyretrackterry

Happy new year to all
gentle 12 mile ride today weather almost perfect just a tad cold on face, saw 2 other trikers out as well as several two wheelers weather forecast is more of the same, cold but dry may get a few more runs in. looking forward to summer, want to try a couple of small tours in 2-3 days max
Ian

trickletreat

Veteran
Happy New Year to all,

First ride today as well. Great triking weather, getting the legs ready to pull the trailer next week. Good to practise on the ice ...I do love this clear cold weather!

n-ick

Yo, myself and the Spud did 15 miles around the Staffordshire lanes. The ice was bad everywhere, but good to spin around on.Had at hot choc at the national Arboretum at Alewras. Don't know what they put in it, but we came back uphill at a hell of a speed. Been out every Sunday, keep up the good weather!

marc-triker

Veteran
3tyretrackterry said:
Happy new year to all
gentle 12 mile ride today weather almost perfect just a tad cold on face, saw 2 other trikers out as well as several two wheelers weather forecast is more of the same, cold but dry may get a few more runs in. looking forward to summer, want to try a couple of smal
Ian

Don't know how you do it m8, we are out almost every Sunday and we never see other trikers unless it a pre arranged meet. we didn't even see any other cyclist 2day. was a great ride though. Good to hear others managed to got out too.

Spud :laugh:

OP
OP

3tyretrackterry

Marc
one day we will prearrange and finally meet. its difficult as i dont have a car and to cycle to you would just about kill me especially if i had to cycle back as well.the cloud trail is doable but its hard work to get there but if thats what it takes i am in would be good to ride with other trikes again
Ian

Fiona N

Veteran
I was out on the Windcheetah yesterday too - in perfect sunny conditions but temperatures were a bit low for comfort so close to the ground. I had an exciting ride up the lane from Staveley to Kentmere - it's not been cleared since the snow and now consists of 2 more or less continuous ruts, which are mainly snow/ice free, between 6+ inch high ridges of solid ice. The ruts are mostly too narrow for both front wheels so progress is made listing to one side or the other. This isn't too bad going up hill but it's pretty exciting going down once I pick up a bit of speed. And it requires that I face down any 4WD coming the other way so it moves over :smile:

markg0vbr

Über Member
picture.php

I have been out most days on my trice, three wheel drive was needed on one ride, and the cave man drag on one hill. just make sure you have a helmet on for all the thugs throwing ice balls at your head, been hit five times :smile: i did manage to get one in the face he was shocked just scoop the snow op as you are riding along.

Happy new year to everyone, i bought a trike just before christmas but due to the weather i haven't been out yet.I've never ridden one before, what have i done!!!

Top Bottom