First Ride On The Racer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ride

The bike is crazy fast. On the fully loaded 22kg commuter (Silver Wing, 2012 Trek 7.5 FX Disc) I average between 21kmh - 23kmh as the wind allows. This morning after commuting along the short route (15km) I took out the 7.4kg racer (Silver Night, 2013 Trek Domane 5.9) for an hour. That monstrosity averaged 30kmh.

I took it along the remainder of the long commute route after riding back out to it. I wasn't so good on the hills. I slowed down quite a bit as I need to get used gear changing on Silver Night. I think I might get another 1 or 2 kmh if I can sort out the hill shifting.

Unfortunately I somehow lost the Garmin file. However I do remember: 1hr, 30km, 82 avg rpm, 153 agv rh, 800+calories. Sorting out the hills should help the rpm as well. I'll be doing the same tomorrow morning and I've reviewed the file save so I should have some proof of its performance.

Now all I need to do is learn how to ride correctly so I can start some road racing. There is an open group ride Saturday morning. I'll be mounting the Contour to my helmet to capture it all. I'll be taking it easy though as I've never ridden in a group and I hear that there could be as many as 40 or more taking part; riders ending their winter hibernation.

The fun is about to begin,

Ride

Top Bottom