First ride since car crash

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wigsie

Nincompoop
Well after 7 weeks off the bike and 4 physio sessions since my car crash I have just come back from one of my favourite lunchtime loops. 14.8 reasonably hilly miles in 52 minutes, ate 3 bugs and two in the eye (forgot my new aldi glasses) and I feel great, my neck, back and knee all seem fine. Lets hope they hold up for the 18.5 mile each way commute tomorrow.

To celebrate I have just bought my first lycra jersey (although wont be wearing it just yet) as a target item for me to wear before August holidays once I have shed a stone or two! :biggrin::biggrin:

by car crash, was this a crash with a car or was it you were in a car that got crashed?

OP
OP
Wigsie

Wigsie

Nincompoop
Pushing tin said:
by car crash, was this a crash with a car or was it you were in a car that got crashed?

Sorry, I was in my car on M25 and some div smashed into the back of me.

Aperitif

Meme bar
Good luck Wigsie...little by little. Bike fitness will creep up on you - the pleasure will smother you and the pain will recede quicker than your hair! :biggrin:

Wigsie said:
Sorry, I was in my car on M25 and some div smashed into the back of me.

no worries, you never know on here!

hope your joints and limbs continue to enjoy cycling without pain :biggrin:

OP
OP
Wigsie

Wigsie

Nincompoop
:ohmy::ohmy:I have a naturally high hairline that as been that way for years!:biggrin::blush::rolleyes:

Actually quite pleased, I thought I would have deteriorated with my fitness more than I have (although I do feel a fair bit fatter).

That sounds bloody quick for someone who doesn't wear lycra!!

OP
OP
Wigsie

Wigsie

Nincompoop
GrahamG said:
That sounds bloody quick for someone who doesn't wear lycra!!

I didnt realise you had to wear lycra to ride fast?:evil:;)

ha ha just imagine how fast I will be when I do wear my new jersey! :bravo:

Top Bottom