First road bike..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

FeistySquirrel

Professional Jelly Baby Decapitator
I've always ridden Mountain bikes as I use to bike 10 miles to college through the country side.. Now I commute to work, through town on my new toy; with the intention of starting up more long distance rides.

Here she is...
1394064_10200603868450077_2057918778_n.jpg

Commuting to work is beautiful. Except for ice, when this happened:
1455080_10200697109541046_557963318_n.jpg

(also quick release scuffed, but not shown..)

Then the same day as that^, this happened...
577529_10200732854114638_1697686182_n.jpg

And finally, a few days later, this happened:
1450287_10200752896735691_166166776_n.jpg

After all that, she's now behaving and running beautifully.. :-)

-Squirrel

AndyRM

XOXO
The colours in that first picture are beautiful. Chalk the rest up to patina and bad luck!

There was a recent thread, (that I can't find right now), by another CC'er who had successfully re-finished his shifter after scuffing it like you have.

IIRC it was simply a case of reducing fine grade sand paper until the damage was gone and then a light spray over and it looked great.

I thought the thread was started by @Globalti, but a search of his threads shows I may be wrong. Anyone else remember it?

As for patina, that's just not for me TBH. If I get any damage I simply have to get it sorted or it totally does my head in.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Dude, if you're going to show off your nice new bike you gotta learn the proper way to photograph bikes: from the right, with the chain on the big ring and the right hand crank horizontally forward and preferably the chain on the small cog. Take the pic from a kneeling position some distance away on zoom to bring everything like the handlebars into their true proportions.

Nice background in your shot - but could you find a place without the railings but the same beach and sea? An uncluttered background shows off the bike better. Keep the pic on a couple of different computers labelled with the frame number in case the bike gets nicked.

Last edited:
OP
OP
FeistySquirrel

FeistySquirrel

Professional Jelly Baby Decapitator
Dude, if you're going to show off you nice new bike you gotta learn the proper way to photograph bikes: from the right, with the chain on the big ring and the right hand crank horizontally forward and preferably the chain on the small cog. Take the pic from a kneeling position some distance away on zoom to bring everything like the handlebars into their true proportions.

Nice background in your shot - but could you find a place without the railings but the same beach and sea? An uncluttered background shows off the bike better. Keep the pic on a couple of different computers labelled with the frame number in case the bike gets nicked.

Noted.
Text time I'm out then :smile:

Top Bottom