First road rage today.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
My stepson and I were on the way back from a ride, riding two a breast on a wide road ( perfectly legal) when we heard a very angry beep from behind. Then, a black VW Golf past us with the driver throwing insults at us. He then slowed right down in front of us , forcing us to pass him again, me on the near side and my stepson on the off side. As he went past him , the driver tried to punch him and throw him off the bike. He did touch his rear wheel which is slightly buckled now. Of course, he then sped away. Unfortunately, neither of us managed to take his number plate and I didn't have my camera with me, but he was coming out of a popular campsite so should be easy to trace him again if he has a static caravan there.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Report it ASAP and you'll have a better chance of seeing him apprehended.

BTW, I hate the term "Road rage". It gives an assault an understandable and excusable label.

report it at once, although if you manage to get his reg at a later date im not sure how you would prove it was him if he simply says , wasn't me guv, nob eds like that need taking off the road , is there any nearby cctv on any caravan sites covering the road maybe

Reactions: C R
OP
OP
gavroche

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Reporting it now won't make any difference. Maybe we could have a ride round the caravan site next weekend or just forget about it. I am not one for revenge as revenge means violence and I prefer peaceful methods. My stepson on the other hand, would like to get his hands on him.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Black Golf? Probably the local dealer making a delivery. Have a drive round the site a few evenings and see if you can spot him then involve the Police.

Someone with issues nodout, definitely needs reporting.

davidphilips

Veteran
Problem is even if you see the car again can you be sure it will have the same driver, without the reg there may even be another similar car, hate the idea of a driver getting away with it but some times its best to just move on and be thankful you dont live next door to them.

Chances are you will never encounter this idiot again, dont let it put you or your stepson of cycling and be sure that some one like that will have there luck run out sooner or latter and reap the rewards of there actions.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
As others have said, it's well worth reporting. He may have previous and the Police have him on records for other or similar misdemeanours.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I was doing 38 mph in a 40 zone down hill i hasten to add when a knobber in a black golf came past beeping , no joke !
i wonder if hes from around here ?

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
I got called a pr*ck today just for driving at 20mph (probably slightly over, tbh) in a 20 limit by an impatient mouth-breather in a VW Eos. The hot weather brings them out.

Top Bottom