First road ride....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nickg

Über Member
Well today managed to get out on the road bike, first time since I bought it last week. I thought a nice 20 miler would be good. Well ended up doing almost 40miles in the end. Nice ride out though.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200504-165920_Strava.jpg
    Screenshot_20200504-165920_Strava.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 8

vickster

Legendary Member

OP
OP
nickg

nickg

Über Member
I know you can only exercise once a day but I didn’t know there were government guidelines on how long you are allowed to exercise, am I missing something?

At first they said no more than an hour, but this got relaxed the same time they said you were allowed to drive to somewhere for your exercise aslong as you were exercising longer than the drive.

OP
OP
nickg

nickg

Über Member
I am looking at this https://www.cyclinguk.org/article/coronavirus-qa-it-safe-cycle#howlong last updated 24th April

which includes this comment " Cycling should be local, as a rule of thumb limited to travelling no further than a reasonable walking distance from home."

But what's a reasonable walking distance???? I'm happy to walk 15 miles. Which is probably furthest I was away from home. But hey, I'm home and enjoying the sun now. Happy days.

Globalti

Legendary Member
The Government guidelines on cycling were written by somebody who thinks yer average roadie goes for a pootle round the park and has no idea that a fit person on a reasonable bike can easily exceed 20 miles.

Jimidh

Veteran

Slick

Guru
Well today managed to get out on the road bike, first time since I bought it last week. I thought a nice 20 miler would be good. Well ended up doing almost 40miles in the end. Nice ride out though.
Nice effort, well done. :okay:

I am looking at this https://www.cyclinguk.org/article/coronavirus-qa-it-safe-cycle#howlong last updated 24th April

which includes this comment " Cycling should be local, as a rule of thumb limited to travelling no further than a reasonable walking distance from home."

As explained earlier that was guidance from the Assembly in Wales. A long way to go from Essex!

People still insist on making things up, even though the facts have been explained ad nauseam.

You could actually read them if you are that concerned.

Top Bottom