First Serious Off in Over 40 Years.... and it Hurts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CharlesF

Guru
Seeing as I now work in Haarlem, I only get to ride my lovely new Genesis CdF at weekends, as soon as it was light this morning, I took off and was enjoying pushing myself after a week of inactivity.

Hmmm, the road looks a bit icyyyyyyy

And off I came; first contact was my hip, then my head slammed into the road and, thanks to the helmet, bounced back up. As I came down, I had somehow unclipped so I scrambled up to check the bike, and was mightily relieved to see it had slid on the ice and was intact.

Luckily for me; no spectators, no traffic and no lasting damage.

I had to re-fit the chain onto the chainring and got back on intending to continue. Then I realised my ankle was very sore and my ribs were painful with each breath, I suppose a bit of adrenalin had masked the extra injuries.

Instead I turned around and rode slowly and carefully home. More than anything, it is so annoying as I had a good ride planned today and was going out tomorrow to ride it again.

And not much sympathy back home.

Kies

Ouch - hope your injuries are minor and heal quickly.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Hmmm, the road looks a bit icyyyyyyy

.... I suppose a bit of adrenalin had masked the extra injuries.
Happens to most of in exactly the same way ! :scratch:

Ca' canny in the recovery - it takes a while for the confidence to return ... even more so for those of us 'of a certain age' (or even beyond it :ohmy:) !

GWS too :cheers: !

ScotiaLass

Guru
If in doubt get yourself checked over....I've known people that have walked around with fractured ribs and toes for days!
Hope you feel better soon :smile:

OP
OP
CharlesF

CharlesF

Guru
Thanks for all the support; I don't think I'm a case for A&E, but might see the GP on Monday. I have been sitting around since getting home, so everything is seizing up.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Do some stretches - quads, hamstrings, shoulders, hand-to-glass etc ... :thumbsup:

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Aye, she'll get you there - then walk away and leave you ... :laugh:

She should know how to alleviate your aches and pains, though :smile:

U

User33236

Hope you recover quickly. In the meantime you can get some retail therapy shopping for a replacement helmet :smile:

Top Bottom