First time in Starbucks.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
...yep, managed to get through life thus far without visiting the place, but today had no choice as had to attend a meeting there. Not picking on this chain, just don't like chains of any description, and am not a coffee fan. Had their English breakfast tea in an extra large mug (2 bags) and must admit it was rather good, if expensive. Mrs Crank is a fan of a certain 'finger licking good' outlet, so sometimes have to go there under protest. Their chickens must have starved to death as they're all skin and bones........xx(

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I just don't get this 'going for a coffee/cuppa' malarkey... I can make perfectly good tea and coffee at home, so why go out pay a few quid for one? Going for a pint, on the other hand...

U

User482

I just don't get this 'going for a coffee/cuppa' malarkey... I can make perfectly good tea and coffee at home, so why go out pay a few quid for one? Going for a pint, on the other hand...

I can make perfectly good beer at home...

vickster

Legendary Member
Starbucks tea is definitely better than their coffee. I've not used one in the UK for ages, but I did have a couple of decent teas in Florida recently...a place where there is a dearth of good tea (and actually coffee)

Personally I much prefer good coffee places to the vast majority of pubs...

Kajjal

Guru
Nice cakes :smile:

winjim

Smash the cistern
I'm in Starbucks right now xx(. Only because I'm meeting my wife and daughter for lunch and the museum cafe is full of yummy mummies for the Easter hols :cursing:.

It's grim.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
I've had 2 starbucks in my life. Once was a flat white which was nice, the other was some special one with cream and caramel on top which for me was OTT for a hot drink unless you're 12 and sitting with other scouts around a fire.

I dislike overly complicated cofefe shops. I went to one in town a while ago and fancied a greek-style frappe , like they have in greece, so I ordered an iced coffee. Several questions later I ended up with a cold black coffee with no sugar, no cream, not even milk in it.

...the one I was in today didn't even have internet access for free, only a service you have to subscribe to already. The cakes on offer did look yummy, but the prices were just silly - the power of advertising and gullibility perfectly combined.

I am partial to a Subway from time to time - in a land of rice and noodles anything bread related is sometimes the only thing to hit the spot.

Coffee shops are popping up here like crazy right now, all adorned with symbols of London or USA. Sadly, many close down again in short shrift....over supply of expensive coffees and teas really. Annoys me when I order tea, they rarely give milk - usually have to ask for it. Tea without a drop of cow juice, what are they thinking?

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I prefer smaller chains or independent coffee shops, though some of the ones I use seem to be spreading and becoming larger chains. I think I've been in Starbucks or Costa twice?

Top Bottom