First time in Starbucks.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Ill pop in a Costa but Starbucks wont get my business..
We have a few coffee shops in peterborough that are ok for a breather and a nibble that dont grease the franchise palms..

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
I like tea shops, lots in the Lakes.

I like them when they are small and individual. Unfortunately if they are successful they become big and less attractive to me!
Prime examples are the Apple Pie Eating House in Ambleside, and Wilf's Cafe, which was originally only a small place in Staveley.

Old jon

Guru
Between Mirfield and Cooper Bridge there was a Little Chef ( or some such ) which I entered, and on being told it took twenty minutes to cook a burger promptly left, I would have been late for the cricket match else. That was in 1988 and I have yet to try another chain.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Ugh... last time we went into Starbucks in St Ann's Square in Manchester the place was filthy; grime and dirt on the stairs and all kinds of unpleasant stains on the washroom walls. We vowed never to set foot in a Starbucks again.

Lonestar

Veteran
Only time I ever go in there is when I go abroad on holiday...Rarely in this country.As my tea consumption has really dropped now and I rarely drink coffee I have little need for Bigucks or Costa Bomb Coffee.

D

Deleted member 1258

I've never been in a Starbucks, Subway or Dominos..... the first time I heard someone say they were "going to dominos tonight" I thought they were going to an old mans pub....

Nor me

U

User482

I like tea shops, lots in the Lakes.

I like them when they are small and individual. Unfortunately if they are successful they become big and less attractive to me!
Prime examples are the Apple Pie Eating House in Ambleside, and Wilf's Cafe, which was originally only a small place in Staveley.
Wilf's used to do the catering for the NEMBA mountain bike races I used to do back in the mid 90s!

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
...yep, managed to get through life thus far without visiting the place, but today had no choice as had to attend a meeting there. Not picking on this chain, just don't like chains of any description, and am not a coffee fan. Had their English breakfast tea in an extra large mug (2 bags) and must admit it was rather good, if expensive. Mrs Crank is a fan of a certain 'finger licking good' outlet, so sometimes have to go there under protest. Their chickens must have starved to death as they're all skin and bones........xx(
Just as well you don't drink coffee there's is awful.

Noru

In the 2000s I was a coffee addict, of the big chains my order of preference was Cafe Nero, Costa & then Starbucks.
These days I've cut back slightly and hunt out independent places, last time I visited a Starbucks was about 3 months ago & that was only to nurse a cappuccino while I charged my dead phone battery off their electricity.

TVC

Starbucks I do very occasionally, Subway I have never tried, it's the smell that puts me off.

Top Bottom