First time in Starbucks.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

winjim

Smash the cistern
Just make it yourself! :ohmy: :smile:
How dare you. There's no instant coffee in my house!

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
but do they do a decent nescafe [gold ]

hqdefault.jpg

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
Been in one once. An unremarkable experience and a visit only made because it was a convenient place for a collegue and I to stop as we were early for a meeting.
Maybe it is my age, but I really do not understand seeing people walking into where I work, with a Starbucks, Costa etc., coffee or tea in their hand. Why pay for overpriced coffee/tea, served by staff who are probably on NMW, delivered in a paper cup, when there are tea and coffee making facilities at work? And if you don't like the coffee/tea provided at work, buy your own jar and leave it at work.

Cubist

Still wavin'
Occasionally have a Costa, but only if I have no choice. I'm with @winjim. It's got to be special coffee pulled by an expert if I'm going to spend that sort of money, and I want a good bagel or a Greek salad at lunchtime. Cafe Evolution in Huddersfield hits all the buttons with a newspaper to read at the same time.
At home it's a Sainsbury fair-trade espresso fresh ground and brewed with a Gaggia Classic.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
You know these coffee shops where they write your name on your cup?
My daughter's friend Marc went into one of those. He ordered his drink and was asked his name. He replied "Marc with a c"
So the Barista wrote "Carc".........
I wish you'd made that up. I fear you didn't.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I drink way too much coffee, but I'm really not fussy. I drink instant, or make some in a moka pot, and I have a massive pot from the 1950s (see pic).
I rarely go into chain coffee shops, but if I do, it's an Americano (or whatever the shop calls it). I only ever drink black.
If out cycling, I drink tea, as it stays hot longer :okay:

2016-03-24 20.33.32.jpg

True story, observed in a local independent coffee shop:
"This Americano you've served me - it's got no milk in"
"Americano is served black, without milk, but I can add some if you want"
"Black? I don't like black coffee"
"I can add some milk if you like?"
"Go on, I'll try it black with milk...but just a splash"

:laugh:
There in lies the problem. The customer is always right, even when they are talking a load of bloody bollocks.

Top Bottom