First time in Starbucks.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
I have also never had a Sambuca, Jaegerbomb or shots. Not sure I have missed out on anything.

When i wer young,it wer either Mild or Bitter.None of that fancy muck in ere lad.

...over this way we get all the usual suspects from uncle Sam, burger and pizza joints everywhere, but sadly not Taco Bell. I love Mexican food, and shame they haven't ventured here yet. There is a small chain called Sunrise Tacos, and been to most of them now in the BKK area - very tasty. Most big shopping malls have a Sizzlers, American style steak house. I often go in and just have the salad bar, pretending it's a healthy meal, then stuffing myself on the pasta, soups, cheese, bacon bits, pudding.......no room for any veggies....

winjim

Smash the cistern
An americano can be served either black or white. I believe adding milk to coffee is an abominable affectation but the customer is correct in this instance - not the arsey server.
Go and see the hipsters. They will tell you all about the effect that adding milk has on coffee, the different flavours it enhances or suppresses, which roasts benefit from it and which are best served black...

Go and see the hipsters. They will tell you all about the effect that adding milk has on coffee, the different flavours it enhances or suppresses, which roasts benefit from it and which are best served black...
Once you've had black, you never go back.

subaqua

What’s the point
Someone suggested sambuca shots at a event when we won an award (Friday night). They didn't taste great on the night and the hangover lasted until Sunday lunchtime...xx(
Lightweight . Awards do's should always involve sambuca , jagermeister and red bull . But not at same time.

Pink champagne in magic glasses is a deadly toxin . Thankfully my liver is well practiced in dealing with such threats

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Lightweight . Awards do's should always involve sambuca , jagermeister and red bull . But not at same time.

Pink champagne in magic glasses is a deadly toxin . Thankfully my liver is well practiced in dealing with such threats

In my defence, I think I could have coped with one round of shots, possibly two or even three - it was probably the 5th round that did for me! :surrender:

:laugh:

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
6 pages and no one has yet mentioned the Starbucks secret menu? Never tried ordering anything on it, but very tempted to go and see the baristas of Hull and ask for a peppermint bark Frappucino and see what happens. In reality the only chain coffee shops I go in are in airports, usually Costa or Nero. Incidentally a branch of Starbucks in Hull recently closed, there is another one but perhaps the good people of my fair city have actually developed some tastebuds and stopped using it. I hope, and started heading to independents instead.

Proper cafes for tea in a mismatched mug accompanied by a roll stuffed with bacon and a dollop of HP. Out in Brazil it's something I lust after.

Top Bottom