First time in Starbucks.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
All right, I confess to quite liking Costa coffee and, while it's ages since I went into a Caffè Nero, I was tempted to stop at one recently because the aroma was so good.

Do I get a ban or a formal warning?

Berk on a Bike

Veteran
Between Mirfield and Cooper Bridge there was a Little Chef ( or some such ) which I entered, and on being told it took twenty minutes to cook a burger promptly left, I would have been late for the cricket match else. That was in 1988 and I have yet to try another chain.
That Little Chef is now a Starbucks! :laugh:

Screen Shot 2016-03-24 at 17.58.02.png

claudbutler

I had a coffee in starbucks once it was cr#p [dirty dishwater mrs butler said] but there must be plenty of people that do like it . The coffee in mcds isok but for me cafe nero is good.

Andrew_P

In between here and there
I like all of them, there I have said it. Bloody expensive though if you go the full hog and have a toasted brie and bacon, followed by a raspberry and almond slice washed down with a large latte.

You really cannot knock them, in some towns Costa have 3/4 locations and everyone is packed whenever I go past cracking business for Whitbread.

In the town where I live, the best coffee comes from a family run cafe. Not quite a "greasy spoon", but certainly one where the local tradesmen go for a meal to set them up for the day. And as for the size of their dinners...... just be careful that you don't hurt yourself.

Out and about, my preference for price and flavour is McDonald's coffee.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Subway I have never tried, it's the smell that puts me off.

Glad I'm not the only one that thinks this.

I have actually had Subway food a few times. It's pretty good. It's just getting past that smell.

mustang1

Legendary Member
Idk wth these different kinda coffees are. Occasionally ppl explain to me what a frapucino is or Americano or whatever. I haven't got a clue.

I've been to Starbucks but its a once every 6 months kinda thing. Nothing against them, they are fine for what they are. I prefer independent coffee shops but idk where to find them.

Lonestar

Veteran
My first visit to a Subway was at (Southamptom) earlier this year IIRR and it was quite a pleasant experience.Haven't been since though...

winjim

Smash the cistern
If I want good coffee I want it made by hipsters. I want beards and I want tattoos. I want single estate roasts and I want the dude who makes it to be able to bore me rigid for a good half hour about where it's from, what flavours it contains and what the best extraction method is to bring out those flavours. I want rickety mismatched furniture and I want a copy of Caffeine magazine. I want a chocolate brownie and I want a glass of water to cleanse my palate. I want it all served on a big lump of wood and I want it to come with tasting notes. And then I want to take a photo of it with a cool instagrammy filter and I want to post it on the internet.
20150910_131608.jpg

Now that is how you do coffee, courtesy of Upshot Espresso on Glossop Road. I don't know how they do it, they must brew their coffee with angel's piss and steamed unicorn milk or something, because it is amazing, and like no other coffee I have ever tasted in my life.

Mrs M

Guru
Cafe Nero is the only "coffee joint" I'll go into (only if arrive in town too early to get into work) :ohmy:.
Went into Starbucks once and had their special edition gingerbread coffee xx( lukewarm dishwater with the teeniest hint on gingerbread.

claudbutler

If I want good coffee I want it made by hipsters. I want beards and I want tattoos. I want single estate roasts and I want the dude who makes it to be able to bore me rigid for a good half hour about where it's from, what flavours it contains and what the best extraction method is to bring out those flavours. I want rickety mismatched furniture and I want a copy of Caffeine magazine. I want a chocolate brownie and I want a glass of water to cleanse my palate. I want it all served on a big lump of wood and I want it to come with tasting notes. And then I want to take a photo of it with a cool instagrammy filter and I want to post it on the internet.
View attachment 122652

Now that is how you do coffee, courtesy of Upshot Espresso on Glossop Road. I don't know how they do it, they must brew their coffee with angel's piss and steamed unicorn milk or something, because it is amazing, and like no other coffee I have ever tasted in my life.
but do they do a decent nescafe [gold ]

Top Bottom