First time trial on a trike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I did the Lincoln Wheelers CC (Tricycle only ) 10 Saturday my first time riding a time trial and had a thoroughly good time ^_^ Only managed 32:41 but considering the total amount of preparation was taking the Carradice off and swapping the Brooks for a Charge spoon (big mistake,way to grippy) I'm more than happy. It would have been nice to get a bit nearer the standard for my age though :rolleyes:.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I take it you dont mean an ICE trike then?

Sharky

Guru
...….. It would have been nice to get a bit nearer the standard for my age though :rolleyes:.
If only you were a bit older - but you'd need to be 70 to match your age standard!
It's quite amazing some of the age standard expectations - to ride a 10 mile TT at the age of 70 at all is quite an achievement, to achieve a time of just outside 20mph is even more remarkable on a trike.

OP
OP
PMarkey

PMarkey

Guru
I take it you dont mean an ICE trike then?
No this is the trike in question set up for Audax and weighing in at a svelte 16kg (36lbs) without the Carradice or water bottles 😆

Attachments

• B8ED047D-8622-4626-8BB0-775D4DE42A72.jpeg
    B8ED047D-8622-4626-8BB0-775D4DE42A72.jpeg
    224.3 KB · Views: 21
OP
OP
PMarkey

PMarkey

Guru
If only you were a bit older - but you'd need to be 70 to match your age standard!
It's quite amazing some of the age standard expectations - to ride a 10 mile TT at the age of 70 at all is quite an achievement, to achieve a time of just outside 20mph is even more remarkable on a trike.
On the plus side I don’t actually have to improve at all just wait 11 years and let the standard come to me 😁

Top Bottom