First Time Trial

Discussion in 'Time Trial, Long Distance and Endurance' started by rivers, 22 Jun 2018.

Tags:
  1. rivers

rivers Über Member

I entered my first club TT last night, and it was a friendly match-up with one of the other local clubs. 19.4mph average over a 9 mile course, not too bad for a first go and first day back on the bike after having a dodgy knee for most of the week. Plus, I wasn't anything resembling aero... I'll give it a go again at the next one in a couple of week's time and see if I can get above 20mph.

ColinJ, huwsparky, 13 rider and 12 others like this.
  2. wisdom

wisdom Veteran

I would be proud of that time.Well done.

3. Zipp2001

Zipp2001 Well-Known Member

Nice job for your first TT and not being aero. Back in the early 90's I was doing two different club TT a week and always love the race against the clock.

4. Sharky

Sharky Veteran

How did it go last year and did you break evens?

I too love time trials. Never been fast, but always gives me an incentive to get the bike out on those cold days.

Have got to the start line this year?

5. OP
    OP
    rivers

rivers Über Member

I did a second TT later in the year (a 3 up), and our average was 19.9mph over 20 miles. Haven't made it to one yet this year due to not being available for the first 2 club TTs. Will endeavor to make the June TT (on holiday for the May TT)

Zipp2001, HLaB and Sharky like this.
  6. Sharky

Sharky Veteran

Have a good holiday and a good TT in June.
    I am lucky that our clubs runs a weekly evening 10 series through the summer months, every Tuesday, so never have long to wait for the next one.

Zipp2001 likes this.
  7. OP
    OP
    rivers

rivers Über Member

And 20.1 on the same course with a headwind. Also still recovering from Saturday's 208 mile ride across the country. I think I'm stronger than last year

HLaB, ColinJ and Sharky like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice