First Waspyfeckers of 2015?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Seen my first today in the garden. The last few years have been low in Waspyfeckers, but I reckon this year they'll be back with a passion ....

What say you?

Slioch

Guru
Had a mahoosive bumble bee in the conservatory 2 weeks ago, but not seen any waspyfeckers yet.

Already been bitten by a cleg, so may be a bad year for those as well.

contadino

Veteran
I keep bees and gave the hive it's annual inspection a fortnight back. They're good.

Wasp numbers are low which is a bit of bad news because it means we'll have a poor crop of figs.

However the uber bastard Calabrone (they're wasps designed by a 6 year old boy, so huge, angry, malicious and they have laser eyes) seem to have suffered from the cold winter because I haven't seen a single one so far.

vickster

Legendary Member
I ushered a large wasp out of the house on Monday. The buzzing was getting annoying

Keith Oates

Janner
Thanks for that I'd never heard them called that before. I was bitten a couple of years ago by one of them and it did hurt for while.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Levo-Lon

Guru
wasps are also good for the garden.. mozzers are my hate as the buggers nosh on me big time..
I have noticed that the huge amount of frog spawn has been eaten..only a few taddies

Top Bottom