Fish and chips

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

compo

Veteran
My wife subscribes (or whatever you call it) to Mark Cavendish's Facebook. He has just posted that he has just had the best fish and chips ever at some restaurant.

My wife has been criticising me because on Saturday riding to my daughter's I am going to stop at Sible Hedingham Chippies for a bag of chips and maybe a pie or battered sausage. This is to give me the energy for the last lumpy lap, and to warm me up as it is supposed to be pretty cold that day.

I have taken a great delight in telling her that if chips are good enough for Mark Cavendish then they are good enough for me. The trouble is she goes to a slimming club and has lost nearly a stone so she is feeling very self righteous at the moment!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Unlucky.

Greg Lemond used to like Pot Noodles, so I can justify the odd Chicken and Mushroom one !

JoeyB

Go on, tilt your head!
My local does a large portion of chips to make your eyes water.... For £2.40 I think. I've tried on many occasions and I can't get through it on my own. It fills two large dinner plates...both stacked high lol

Given the very attractive young lady that was serving, I could answer that, but this is a family friendly forum^_^
Don't tell your missus that or you might get battered^_^

Dave 123

Legendary Member
It's not a cheap meal though. I had fish, chips and mushy peas from my local chippy last night and it cost £6:eek:

8 quid round here.... Luckily I get free food at work and it's fish & chips on a Friday!

Good for Cav. Wiggo wandered past where I was eating in Pollensa back in August, he was later photographed drinking wine & smoking a roll up!

They must give alot up to get where they are, and I guess they like to be naughty once in a while.

D

Deleted member 1258

I haven't touched fish and chips since I had Angina in 2008, nor bacon and eggs.

Milo

Guru
I haven't touched fish and chips since I had Angina in 2008, nor bacon and eggs.
When my late grandfather had a heart attack I remember sitting there afterwards while the doctors told him what foods to avoid one of which being fish and chips. Ten minutes later dinner is served... fish and chips.

Sandra6

Veteran
I haven't had decent fish and chips since we moved to Cumbria.
Although they are a huge improvement on the ones we used to suffer from a van when living in yorkshire.
Best chippie ever is in Hebden Bridge.

Top Bottom