Fish and chips

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

VamP

Banned
I ALWAYS get fish and chips on my occasional rides to the coast. A tenner for the largest fish and chips ever on Brighton beach seems like a a bargain of the century when you're half way through a 120 miler.

I find it pretty good as riding fuel goes, though that might be helped by the 40 minute snooze on the beach post meal :smile:

pplpilot

Guru
I'm not sure why people have such a downer on Fish and Chips, ok they are pretty calorific but most are cooked in veg or sunflower oil and from what I gather it's pretty low in cholesterol, I mean its not like years ago where they were cooked in beef dripping! there's a chippy near me that still uses dripping. :hungry: boy oh boy are they nice... hmmmm it's Friday I've been good this week me thinks it's the chippy for supper tonight washed down with a few Hobgoblins :cheers:

OP
OP
compo

compo

Veteran
There are only two fish and chip shops that I would unreservedly recommend. One is the Aldeburgh Fish and Chip Shop on the left as you head down the High Street, and the other is The CodFather on King Street, Sudbury. Obviously there are other good ones but these two are the ones I use the most. The worst chippie I know is the one in Bush Fair, Harlow.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Chippies are very hit and miss in Blackpool. Those near the town centre are expensive and you get about 3 chips. I can recommend the big chippy up Bispham end, where the lights start. We go there when its the 'Ride the Lights' event.

machew

Veteran
Should come up to Fortrose There's a Chippy who will deep fried in batter anything you give him. Battered Venison and Chips FTW

GBC

Veteran
The thought of fish and chips always appeals, but the reality is so often deeply disappointing around Glasgow. A couple of weeks ago however, en route to Kintyre, we stopped at Mr Pia's in Inverary and what a difference. The fish, haddock is the traditional choice in Scotland, was cooked freshly to order and the portions very generous. It fair restored my faith, at least for for the next few months.

hobbitonabike

Formerly EbonyWillow
I second the opinion that Harry Ramsdens is nasty!! Worst chips I have ever had. Best ones...although not been for a few years is Yorkshire Fisheries in Blackpool...nom nom

Ron-da-Valli

It's a bleedin' miracle!
Church Street chippy in Accrington. Cracking chips and local Holland's pies & puddings. Whenever I'm visiting the homeland I always pop in there!!

Andy_R

Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..
For those of you contemplating the Coast and Castles this year, stop off in Seahouses at Lewis's. Best fish & chips I've had in a long time.

Sandra6

Veteran
Keep the Blackpool chippy recommendations coming, we're going next weekend and I'll want something tasty for my tea.

Top Bottom