Fitting a Tongsheng tsdz2 on an ice sprint

I must admit now that I’ve got it a bit more refined and tuned in I like my e-assist Kettwiesel... it has turned what was a bit of a sluggard in comparison to my other trike into something more comparable, it means I can still put in a similar effort but feel that I am getting somewhere. I was wondering why you’d gone for mid-drive after all your hub drive experiences, although less refined (and I have a Kalkhoff mid drive bike for comparison) it seems more robust in the long run.

Do you think you could fit a mid drive to a recumbent with 180 degrees of free space around the BB? Tempted to make my BikeE go a bit quicker!

OP
voyager

voyager

E- tadpole Triker
I must admit now that I’ve got it a bit more refined and tuned in I like my e-assist Kettwiesel... it has turned what was a bit of a sluggard in comparison to my other trike into something more comparable, it means I can still put in a similar effort but feel that I am getting somewhere. I was wondering why you’d gone for mid-drive after all your hub drive experiences, although less refined (and I have a Kalkhoff mid drive bike for comparison) it seems more robust in the long run.

Do you think you could fit a mid drive to a recumbent with 180 degrees of free space around the BB? Tempted to make my BikeE go a bit quicker!
Wales has bigger hills ( called mountains)
it seemed a better idea to have the same power through lower gears.

Send a photo to the support team at Woosh and they will advise . Remember the cables will probably need extensions . They will do this as well if necessary.

regards Emma

Bad Machine

In the garage .....
Looking at pictures of BIKE-Es, I'd think the TSDZ2 and Bafang couldn't be inserted into the BB shell - am I right to think the Bike-E BB is equidistance between the top and bottom face of the rectangular boom ?

There'd be too little space between the mid-motor's BB axle and the motor casing (image below is TSDZ2 with fat bike adaptor from electrifybike.com)

images.jpg

quick query regarding the trikes. I see that Woosh recommends a 42T ring on the motor; whilst this gives a reasonable top gear on a 700C wheel, is it not a bit limiting on 20”? With the smaller drive wheel, could you not safely use a bigger chainring?

OP
voyager

voyager

E- tadpole Triker
We run a 42 to a 9-34 freewheel on 20" wheels . I would think that Woosh are expecting everyone to be running 26/700c wheels . Must ask next time l speak with them.

regards Emma

quick query regarding the trikes. I see that Woosh recommends a 42T ring on the motor; whilst this gives a reasonable top gear on a 700C wheel, is it not a bit limiting on 20”? With the smaller drive wheel, could you not safely use a bigger chainring?

bleebo001

View attachment 490426

View attachment 490427

View attachment 490428Photos of the installation. The battery mount , display mount and the handlebar stubs were fabricated to suit . The rear brake was added to comply with EAPC regulations . The pump mount was added to the battery mount. A triangular bag will be added behind the seat.
Flag pole made from a fishing rod, practice golf ball and flag.

View attachment 490429

View attachment 490430
I'm just embarking on this with my ICE Adventure. Can you give an idea what materials you used for the display and battery mounts and where sourced. Cheers

bleebo001

We run a 42 to a 9-34 freewheel on 20" wheels . I would think that Woosh are expecting everyone to be running 26/700c wheels . Must ask next time l speak with them.

regards Emma
Yes, i'll have to ask Wooosh as I am converting an ICE 20inch too....

OP
voyager

voyager

E- tadpole Triker
Woosh can supply the cables for the cable extensions, we allowed 90 cm for the speed sensor and the throttle and brakes about the same if fitted , the power cable extensions 1m were also supplied by Woosh.
We tidied up the install with cable wrap off eBay.
The battery mount we made used less than 1metre of 25mm x 3mm angle and 20 x 4mm strip from B&Q
heatshrink can also be ordered off eBay.

PM me for more details or a chat.

regards Emma

Top Bottom